IGNORED

FSOL Present By Any Other Name - 3LP reissue on WeMe

Out 11th February, triple vinyl reissue of this 2007 compilation featuring various unreleased tracks from FSOL's Jumpin' & Pumpin' era - Smart Systems, Yage, Mental Cube, Indo Tribe, Dope Module, plus an early FSOL jam - previously only available on CD / digital. 

https://wemerecords.com/shop/fsol-by-any-other-name-3lp-orange-vinyl-pre-order/

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Pirtek said:

I wonder how much unreleased material they have left now!

To the best of my knowledge, the '94-'97 era isn't exhausted but is at least mostly released. '90-'93, in contrast, is very under-represented on archive releases and could probably fuel many albums' worth of material. Psych-era Amorphous, there's more unreleased material than released. And FSOLDigital-era stuff... there's a lot.

Honestly, they could both pack in their various projects today and live off the archived material for a decade or more. Brian, at least, is a compulsive creative though, so that's never going to happen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, purlieu said:

To the best of my knowledge, the '94-'97 era isn't exhausted but is at least mostly released. '90-'93, in contrast, is very under-represented on archive releases and could probably fuel many albums' worth of material. Psych-era Amorphous, there's more unreleased material than released. And FSOLDigital-era stuff... there's a lot.

Honestly, they could both pack in their various projects today and live off the archived material for a decade or more. Brian, at least, is a compulsive creative though, so that's never going to happen.

Wow!

41 minutes ago, purlieu said:

Really? I guess it's probably heresy to say so but I'd rather they spent the rest of their careers just going through the archives - lots of the new stuff these last few years just feels like they are trying too hard. It doesn't have the early 90s feel I believe they are trying to recreate.