IGNORED

Etheric Ambient Glitch

logakght

16 hours ago, cern said:

This is the holy grail of Glitch Ambient: 

logakght  I know you like making stuff with MAX/MSP. Here is some interesting Ambient stuff made in SuperCollider: 

thanks my friend! Yeah well I just sound like "glitchy" noises made in anything really, but I guess its easier to create them with digital manipulation, so yeah in any way its good :~). Loved those sounds!

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 9:41 AM, logakght said:

In a future will try also SuperCollider. I believe with Max/MSP it´s easier to understand the flow of things (because its visual).

In my world it is much easier to understand SuperCollider, Tidal Cycles, Sonic Pi or FoxDot. 
You just write what you want to do in some lines of code, changing the values of the code and you are right in the middle of a big awesome jam! 
SuperCollider is much more complex than Tidal Cycles and Sonic Pi tho. 

Max/MSP is a weird patching system of code that takes long time to get a structre and can look pretty messy in the end. It takes time to make something musical and it is not Jam-friendly. I love MAX/MSP and I have some pretty good patches saved tho. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cern said:

In my world it is much easier to understand SuperCollider, Tidal Cycles, Sonic Pi or FoxDot. 
You just write what you want to do in some lines of code, changing the values of the code and you are right in the middle of a big awesome jam! 
SuperCollider is much more complex than Tidal Cycles and Sonic Pi tho. 

Max/MSP is a weird patching system of code that takes long time to get a structre and can look pretty messy in the end. It takes time to make something musical and it is not Jam-friendly. I love MAX/MSP and I have some pretty good patches saved tho. 

Thanks my friend. Gonna give SC another try. I know I will love it, but yeah, I must admit that the learning curve is steep, but that was the last experience I had (like 5 years ago). Maybe this time will be different.

Edited by logakght

I tried to work on Ambient Glitch mix but it is seriously difficult for me. 
You want to have a certain flow and find tracks that fits the atmosphere but at the same time challenge it with glitches and other sound. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 11:35 AM, cern said:

I tried to work on Ambient Glitch mix but it is seriously difficult for me. 
You want to have a certain flow and find tracks that fits the atmosphere but at the same time challenge it with glitches and other sound. 

Yeah someday I'll try to do one too. I think it could work with a mixture of textures and percs.