Hi WATMM,

@eczem and I are launching 3OP. Artworks will use @oscillik 's stunning pictures. I'll be mastering the releases.

text3.thumb.png.ad1f3d33c15acf807cd195413d4ce7d1.png

text2.thumb.png.734f3eb62cff8ae4105fc9336ac4aff8.png

First entries to our catalog are insanely good.

3OP001 is out September 2021.

I'm trying to keep my post as concise and factual as possible, but I'm ecstatic. I'm so grateful to everyone's involved !

Edited by Nil
  • Like 12

The hype is legit and 100% justified, I can’t believe how lucky we are to release what we’re about to release. I’ll resist the urge to talk about each EP/LP 😉

Top human beings as well I must say.

I’ve posted at length on IG, and I must add here that our friend @Stickfigger was paramount in the creation of 3OP, the third 3OG.

• Like 4

Looks great! Can I subscribe to a thing, or follow a thing? Otherwise I will forget about this immediately.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oscillik said:

Just look at that fucking logo.

Brilliant.

reminds me of this Spacing Guild logo in the best of ways (i rather love Lynch's Dune)

but obviously referencing 3 operators on an FM synth. looks killer. would wear in on a tshirt or a pair of the most IDM socks ever.

excited to hear what you guys cook up! and really glad to hear the visuals are going to be top notch in the hands of oscillik. 

• Like 2

On 7/28/2021 at 11:21 PM, ascdi said:

Looks great! Can I subscribe to a thing, or follow a thing? Otherwise I will forget about this immediately.

Thanks ! We'll soon set an Instagram account I suppose. A website too. Until then, feel free to follow either @eczem or me, we'll definitely post anything 3OP related. We'll also create topics for each release in the New & Upcoming Releases subforum. 

On 7/28/2021 at 9:41 PM, oscillik said:

Just look at that fucking logo.

Brilliant.

On 7/29/2021 at 12:52 AM, auxien said:

reminds me of this Spacing Guild logo in the best of ways (i rather love Lynch's Dune)

but obviously referencing 3 operators on an FM synth. looks killer. would wear in on a tshirt or a pair of the most IDM socks ever.

excited to hear what you guys cook up! and really glad to hear the visuals are going to be top notch in the hands of oscillik. 

Thanks mates ! I had no clue about the Lynch / Dune reference, that's neat. I'm by no mean a designer, so I went for something simple. Looks great on a teeshirt as well, eh.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Nil
      Out now ! 
      Digital release (inc. 24bit downloads) & limited Archive Edition, via 3OP    Notein is Mersad Muminović, hailing from Hrvatska (Croatia), and 3OP presents to the world his stunning work Salire.
      Like vistas of wide open space. Crisp cool air on a spring morning with droplets of dew on each blade of grass. Salire will take you to places, to environments, to landscapes. Where you end up is up to you and how you interact with the story.
      Salire is a saga; expansive and enveloping. Salire is a fine wine. Salire is an oceanic voyage on a seaworthy vessel.
      As if some drone synth machinery from a bygone era was commandeered and recalibrated with firmware updates and paired with gracefully applied field recordings, Notein has constructed detailed textures, nuanced layers, and a narrative driven sonic journey that rewards both the active listener and the weary traveler. Washes of electrical and computed synthetic fabrics purify like pools of mana.
      Some say the modern world is succumbing to instant gratification, consumerism, fickle attention span, cheapening of art, and the tyranny of convenience. Salire stands tall and strong against these tides, like a monolith of structure upon the sands of chaos.
      It's the least percussive and most atmospheric/ambient 3OP release so far, and we're excited about that. Salire boldly defies genre or categorization: it's a classic, timeless work that that we are proud to release.
      -E
      Written and produced by Mersad Muminović
      Mastering by Nil Hartman
      Artwork by Andrew Bates
      I'll simply add that Salire is an absolutely gorgeous, enveloping and masterfully executed LP by @xox
    • By Nil
      https://calumgunn.bandcamp.com/album/excessive-step
      Preview (the first 90 seconds of each track) :
      Calum Gunn is a Scottish electronic musician and programmer based in Berlin, Germany. His sonic recordings and performances (as well as his label Conditional) are legendary, and we are beyond proud and excited to be able to release his tunes on 3OP.

Excessive Step is of the most exciting albums I've listened to in recent memory, and we sense it's a classic in the making. Experimental, yet accessible. Emotive and contemplative, but never really nostalgic. Crisp, digital, modern: very much computer music, yet quite organic and human as well. The sonic symbiosis of human and machine in realtime. A kind of cybernetic perfection.

On the surface, this is a wicked collection of pure bangers, Tidal Cycles based jams, and DJ applications. But we are confident you'll find this this to be a tantalizing and very cohesive album experience, filled with adventure and character. It's futuristic electro, yet we've found that Excessive Step has a timelessness to it.

We hope you enjoy this sonic journey as much as we have over the last few months of many, many listens. I feel lucky to have had this in my playlist up to now. It really is so much FUN to listen to.

-E

Written and Performed by Calum Gunn
      Mastered by Nil Hartman
      Artwork by Andrew Bates
      Absolute belter of an LP, a future classic IMO.

• By eczem
      *** OUT NOW ***

https://williamfields.bandcamp.com/album/fluidity
      https://threeop.bandcamp.com/music
      William Fields uses his very own software composition tools to create some of the most compelling computer music you’ll hear. Quite the opposite of a click-bait gimmick, his FieldOS allows him to perform live breath-takingly human yet intricate improvisations. From the tip of his fingers to our hard drives, he can bang a stunning 5 minute piece of proper sonic wizardry... in 5 minutes. This belies the countless hours of development put into his compositional system.
      Fluidity is a rather unique entry to Fields' discography. While I consider myself a proper fanboy of his output, I've never heard William venture into such luxuriant, at times serene, at times tectonic territories. The technical virtuosity never gets in the way of a delicate, rich, introspective listening experience.
      While each tune explores its own singular logic, Fluidity offers a deep, engaging ethereal narrative : approaching this 7 tracker as a whole is extremely rewarding. Numerous images come to mind as the music tells its stories : what will yours be ?
      We at 3OP are delighted to share Fluidity with you. The music is stellar, we know you’ll listen to Fluidity in repeat, just like we’ve been.
      n.
      credits
      releases October 8, 2021
      Written and performed by William Fields
      Mastering by Nil Hartman
      Artwork by DEN www.instagram.com/__den.project/
      Preview / Megamix:

• By Nil
      Core Alter is Steve Baxter and Elliott Watson. m-Realizable was made swapping sysex files back and forth between Brisbane, Australia, and San Diego, USA, mastered from the raw edits of its creative sessions.

m-Realizable is sonically equally spacious and dense, disruptive and meditative, fiercely digital and organic all at once. Opaque yet open-ended in its unfolding narrative and how you’ll distill the music.

Rather than hyping each tune, we urge you to dive in, and to absorb it fully. You might pick a few possible influences while listening to m-Realizable, yet I’m positive you’ll quickly realize how personal, honest, deep and singular this 7 tracker is.

As a related note, this is the perfect release to kickstart 3OP : the label almost created itself before our eyes (Elliott’s, Steve’s and mine), and it was a spontaneous yet obvious decision to release a Core Alter opus first. Asking Andrew Bates to handle visuals was our next move as a collective. I’m delighted I get to master our catalogue.

Dream team work at play.

-Nil

This release is dedicated to the memory of our friend Salvatorin (Philip Josef Glowa).

Written and Performed by Steve Baxter and Elliott Watson
      Mastered by Nil Hartman
      Artwork by Andrew Bates
      Limited archive edition, 20 copies :
        Preview / Megamix :
    • By justanotheruser
      Hello there!
      As the title describes, a dear friend/producer of mine and I started a record label/community to promote music as a group.
      The idea came to our minds while discussing about the diverse and awesome musicians we find almost by accident, how artists of less popular genres don´t get the exposition we believe they should, and also the fact that we tend to move our music (that´s our perception) as lone wolves.
      So we didn´t think twice, made use of our enthusiasm (and some skills we learned throught the years) and developed an identity, designed a website, launched a blog and started to contact fellow artists too see if there´s people interested in joining us.
      The name of the project is aquí yacen records, the spanish expression to say "here lie the records". 
      You can check our website right here: www.aquiyacen.com  And this is an article with more information: www.aquiyacen.com/post/welcome-to-aqui-yacen We´re looking for artists who like what we´re doing and feel motivated to take part. It is free, no agreement and you would owe us nothing. Our earning and yours is to meet new cool artists and working with them to improve at what we do.
      Thank you for reading!