On 12/11/2021 at 10:03 PM, Rubin Farr said:

What is the synth he’s using on Transmission #1 ? because it sounds a lot like Equation from the Windowlicker EP

Woah that's a darn wild track - Definitely need to check out that album now !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The DJ Mag Feature is online now...

Tom Middleton: cosmic communication

A decade in the making, Tom Middleton’s new LP as GCOM, ’E2-XO’, on !K7 boasts themes of space exploration, alien communication and utopian “super-habitable” exoplanets. Ben Murphy meets the self-confessed sci-fi nerd to talk aliens, Aphex Twin, and more...

https://djmag.com/longreads/tom-middleton-cosmic-communication

Edited by hayhook
  • Like 4

Vinyls arriving. Finally. Noctis (91 Mix) IS actually a different version. The unnamed mix of it is the same as the “epic mix” on the digitals (unnamed mix on the cd) (a “beat mix” apparently either doesn’t exist or is as yet unreleased.) Beyond the Milky Way, on the vinyl, is the edit, same as on the cd… a lot of the track lengths, as per the album art are incorrect…  am I missing anything?  !K7 dropped the ball on this pretty hard, regarding liner notes/descriptions of product on their bandcamp etc. (also the “V Mix” of Last Rains” is the same as the undesignated mix…) 

Edited by hayhook

On 12/13/2021 at 2:43 PM, mcbpete said:

Woah that's a darn wild track - Definitely need to check out that album now !

I love this track and the other two “transmissions” - next level bangers, and they work so well within the “narrative” of the album, but they are so jarring against the sound of the rest of the album if you wanna just play it on random. 

Edited by hayhook

Am I the only one that thinks the Noctis tracks are epic cheese? Unless I'm missing some kind of joke that Tom is playing. Rest of the album is great and will undoubtedly get lots of playtime.

Who got the vinyl? How does the 91 mix of Noctis differ from the unmixed/epic mix? 
also is Beyond the Milky Way edit really 1:30 as per the album art or the same 5min(ish) edit as on the CD? 
any of the other tracks alt. edits/different from cd/download versions? 
#trainspotting

44 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Am I the only one that thinks the Noctis tracks are epic cheese? Unless I'm missing some kind of joke that Tom is playing. Rest of the album is great and will undoubtedly get lots of playtime.

They fit the “album narrative”. Like a movie’s “orchestral opening theme”… but, yeah stylistically a bit of a non-fit from the rest of the album. 

56 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

I 'blindly' bought it for the Transmissions track that Rubin flagged and was totally on the same page. Like the soundtrack to a National Geographic documentary about extremely questionable theories of space travel

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hayhook said:

They fit the “album narrative”. Like a movie’s “orchestral opening theme”… but, yeah stylistically a bit of a non-fit from the rest of the album. 

To me it had a somber vibe to it, like a eulogy for Qebrus

2 hours ago, hayhook said:

I guess so, but the sound choices were pretty gash I thought (those super gated strings) and the melodic lines were like some low budget SyFy series theme.

Really enjoy the rest of the album though. Fortunately it's only those two tracks that are only in the cheese realm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anybody got a rip of Noctis Ultimus (91 Mix) from the vinyl? and Last Rains?

Would love to complete my digital album of all the tracks from E2-XO for mobile listening...

they're the only tracks exclusive to the vinyl (which i own), that's not included between the Digital and CD versions...

Edited by hayhook

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

bump for anybody able to rip the vinyl?

Noctis (91 mix) and

Last Rains (which is sans vocals) as compared to the cd/digital "V mix"

would love to have a complete "all versions" for my digital listening...

(i don't have the means to rip my vinyl copy to digis)

x