IGNORED

William Fields - Fluidity (3OP002)

eczem

WF-Final.thumb.png.761f3e61c295522a9717881fff1f8268.png

*** OUT NOW ***

https://williamfields.bandcamp.com/album/fluidity

https://threeop.bandcamp.com/music

William Fields uses his very own software composition tools to create some of the most compelling computer music you’ll hear. Quite the opposite of a click-bait gimmick, his FieldOS allows him to perform live breath-takingly human yet intricate improvisations. From the tip of his fingers to our hard drives, he can bang a stunning 5 minute piece of proper sonic wizardry... in 5 minutes. This belies the countless hours of development put into his compositional system.

Fluidity is a rather unique entry to Fields' discography. While I consider myself a proper fanboy of his output, I've never heard William venture into such luxuriant, at times serene, at times tectonic territories. The technical virtuosity never gets in the way of a delicate, rich, introspective listening experience.

While each tune explores its own singular logic, Fluidity offers a deep, engaging ethereal narrative : approaching this 7 tracker as a whole is extremely rewarding. Numerous images come to mind as the music tells its stories : what will yours be ?

We at 3OP are delighted to share Fluidity with you. The music is stellar, we know you’ll listen to Fluidity in repeat, just like we’ve been.

n.
credits
releases October 8, 2021

Written and performed by William Fields
Mastering by Nil Hartman
Artwork by DEN www.instagram.com/__den.project/

Preview / Megamix:

Edited by eczem
  • Like 12

Just like with Core Alter's fantastic m-Realizable, Fluidity will be available in hi-res digital files and limited USB archive edition.

Oh and it's beyond incredible, my fav WF release to date. Yes, I'm 100% biased here.

• Like 2

Yeah, we're super excited for this. It's such a lush release, might be my favorite of his as well. Can't wait for you all to hear it.

• Like 2

Listening right now, that second track is lush.

edit : beautiful album, first listen and it's already one of my fav release from the man.

Congrats guys !

Edited by d-a-m-o
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Definitely one of my favorite releases of his as well. Very lush, lots of nuance. An album that grows and reveals itself over time. I'm super impressed with what Bill did here, super proud of Nil's mastering, and I'm proud of our collaboration with him in releasing Fluidity.

Edited by eczem
  • Like 3