IGNORED

V/A - Home Listening Acid And House (Chicago Bee)

dcom

The vision for this compilation album was to create a collection of tracks that complement each other and are fitting for repeated home listening.   

Being somewhat of a conceptual experiment. All the artists on the album were asked to imagine fusing Acid and House with the Virtualsex LP which was released on Buzz in 1993. A 303 sound would be welcomed but not essential with an emphasis on soulful emotion and melody.   

We hope you enjoy the results as much as we do. 

Amazing roster of artists (Derek Carr, iNF0, Type 303, Iron Blu...) and spread of sound, highly recommended for armchair techno enthusiasts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I saw your post, followed the Bandcamp link, pre-ordered the album and got a download of the full thing immediately. As of right now, it's back to having only one track available to preview. What is going on with some of the new releases on Bandcamp? This is the second time something like this has happened to me, the first time being µ-Ziq album, Hello. So weird.

Also, this is a great comp! Thanks for the heads-up!

• 3 months later...
On 9/30/2022 at 3:29 AM, Dave3 said:

What is going on with some of the new releases on Bandcamp?

It's actually a very common occurrence that pre-orders get only a track or two, and the full digital becomes available on release. This one's out in full in digital, but I'm listening to the vinyl right now, and repeat my recommendation.

Edited by dcom

3 hours ago, dcom said:

It's actually a very common occurrence that pre-orders get only a track or two, and the full digital becomes available on release. This one's out in full in digital, but I'm listening to the vinyl right now, and repeat my recommendation.

I get what you're saying, but that wasn't what I was talking about. The album was on pre-order but the whole thing was available to download. They must have caught the accident because they fixed it later. Still, I didn't have to wait for the album to be released to check it out, which was nice but peculiar.

10 minutes ago, Dave3 said:

I get what you're saying, but that wasn't what I was talking about. The album was on pre-order but the whole thing was available to download. They must have caught the accident because they fixed it later. Still, I didn't have to wait for the album to be released to check it out, which was nice but peculiar.

Ah, yes. I've had a couple of releases in full early that way, too.