IGNORED

Eurovision Song Contest 2023

xox

8 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

Low flute dude

Curious way to spell “midget”

I really liked the nod to the human centipede by Finland.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Limo said:

I really liked the nod to the human centipede by Finland.

It's called Possujuna, i.e. Piggy Train, a childrens' ride at the Särkänniemi amusement park in Tampere, Finland.

Edited by dcom
  • Sad 1

There are ongoing plagiarism allegations towards Loreen's Tattoo, Ukraine's Mika Newton had a song in Eurovision 2005 that has the exact same melodic pattern in the chorus, and a 1992 trance track Flying Free by Pont Aeri has almost exactly the same melodic phrase as Tattoo's intro (at about 25 seconds in). Some are hearing ABBA's The Winner Takes It All in it as well.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, dcom said:

There are ongoing plagiarism allegations towards Loreen's Tattoo, Ukraine's Mika Newton had a song in Eurovision 2005 that has the exact same melodic pattern in the chorus, and a 1992 trance track Flying Free by Pont Aeri has almost exactly the same melodic phrase as Tattoo's intro (at about 25 seconds in). Some are hearing ABBA's The Winner Takes It All in it as well.

I head abba immediately 

• Burger 1

2 hours ago, dcom said:

Generic Eurovision song is gonna generic :shrug:

23 minutes ago, cern said:

pretty dope synths inside there! I wonder what that blue module is over the MS-20 Mini 

What is she doing? She looks like she’s taking a shit while having a mild epileptic seizure.

Also: “acoustic”.

1 hour ago, Limo said:

Also: “acoustic”.

Maybe they meant acousmatic ?

ok, she can sing alright but this pain of hers is disturbing especially when you add her zero-fat body and the lyrics; i know that art is art but she seems like she’s in a constant intrapersonal emotional combat mode; that made me be more worried for her than letting me enjoy her performance, the eurovision over the top one but this one too

Edited by xox

On 5/14/2023 at 12:55 PM, dcom said:

I'm guessing the allegations are by angry Finns? These are all standard motifs that occur everywhere. It's not exactly the first time one Trance song sounds like another... 

23 hours ago, xox said:

Maybe they meant acousmatic ?

ok, she can sing alright but this pain of hers is disturbing especially when you add her zero-fat body and the lyrics; i know that art is art but she seems like she’s in a constant intrapersonal emotional combat mode; that made me be more worried for her than letting me enjoy her performance, the eurovision over the top one but this one too

I think she's just into that sorta vibe, though the psychoanalysis goes hand in hand with the tough training regimen and diet. She appeared in children's TV after the first win, saying she'd eat all the pasta she couldn't during ESC. This was promptly censored. 

1 hour ago, chim said:

I'm guessing the allegations are by angry Finns? These are all standard motifs that occur everywhere. It's not exactly the first time one Trance song sounds like another... 

They started when the competition entries premiered, it's been in the air for at least a month before the actual event. We Finns are resilient/antifragile AF, that's why Finland is the happiest country in the world for the sixth consecutive year.

Edited by dcom