IGNORED

Autechre gigs you attended and how much the ticket was

Rbrmyofr

On 6/2/2023 at 12:57 PM, Rubin Farr said:

You can’t see Autechre in concert, they play in the dark. Liars.

"The human eye can function from very dark to very bright levels of light; its sensing capabilities reach across nine orders of magnitude. This means that the brightest and the darkest light signal that the eye can sense are a factor of roughly 1,000,000,000 apart." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptation_(eye)

• Thanks 1
  • Big Brain 1

On 6/2/2023 at 9:57 PM, Rubin Farr said:

You can’t see Autechre in concert, they play in the dark. Liars.

I was thinking the other day that because of this they could be doing all their live shows remotely, from home. I'm just imagining rob on the couch with his laptop while fans lose their minds in the darkness thinking he and sean are in the room with them when they're actually on the other side of the world.

I saw Autechre at the Roxy in Atlanta, May 2001 and the Orange Peel in Asheville, October 2015. No recollection of how much the tickets were; both shows were great.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen them twice in Sydney and have bought a ticket for upcoming Sydney.

1st time: The Forum, 2010. Can't find ticket price

2nd time: Max Watts (which was formerly the Forum, I think), 2018. Ticket was AUD$64.90

Upcoming: City Recital Hall. Ticket was AUD$77.50 with booking fee (AUD$69 without booking fee, . I quote this in case you can get around the booking fee by buying in person someplace, but I bet you can't.

These days, to remember the price of your Autechre ticket, just leave the receipt in your email forever.

• Thanks 1

1. Katowice 2015: ~29€ (43€ adjusted for inflation), but it was a festival day with Nils Frahm, Dopplereffekt and Objekt so definitely worth it. Downside was they played outside

2. Warsaw 2017: ~20€ (28€ adjusted)

3. Upcoming Kraków: ~36€

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 3:13 AM, vkxwz said:

I was thinking the other day that because of this they could be doing all their live shows remotely, from home. I'm just imagining rob on the couch with his laptop while fans lose their minds in the darkness thinking he and sean are in the room with them when they're actually on the other side of the world.

Oh come on you sadist, don’t give them any ideas

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2023 at 4:49 PM, mTesc said:

Also...your name is Splitradix? Really?

No silliness in my Autechre thread please. This isn't the Aphex Twin section.

Edited by Rbrmyofr
  • Farnsworth 1

I appreciate that sentiment, absolutely.

Speaking of silliness, by degrees, I think it was a bit of a joke above about Ae doing shows from home under the cover of live venue darkness, but I would actually be interested in the inverse. Despite the typical lack of any significant visual information / accompaniment when they're playing out, I would absolutely pay to watch live Autechre webcasts if only for the principle (and if the sound quality was direct from the board). Again, probably more enjoyable in principle than in practice, but there's always something to knowing that what you're experiencing is real-time / more or less in synch with the perception of others.

Edited by mTesc

7 hours ago, mTesc said:

I appreciate that sentiment, absolutely.

Speaking of silliness, by degrees, I think it was a bit of a joke above about Ae doing shows from home under the cover of live venue darkness, but I would actually be interested in the inverse. Despite the typical lack of any significant visual information / accompaniment when they're playing out, I would absolutely pay to watch live Autechre webcasts if only for the principle (and if the sound quality was direct from the board). Again, probably more enjoyable in principle than in practice, but there's always something to knowing that what you're experiencing is real-time / more or less in synch with the perception of others.

You want the inverse of artists playing at home? 
What’s your address? I’ll bring snacks and alcohol

On 5/27/2023 at 2:18 PM, Rbrmyofr said:

fEAzwnZ.png

German speakers will appreciate this: I'd been to that Berghain one back in 2010, but right before on that same night, I'd been to Helge Schneider at Admiralspalast with my family. Going from Helge to Autechre on the same night on April 1 was a surreal experience of the most wonderful kind. I arrived just when they started, could hear that incredible kick pumping while walking up the stairs, knowing this was gonna be a good one.

I got into Autechre in 2002 and then saw tour dates somewhere and had to confront the fact that they'd just been playing Berlin, I think it was at WMF. I became a fan 2 weeks too late to go there lmao. The other Autechre gigs I've been to were Maria am Ostbahnhof on the Untilted Tour. I missed the Quaristice Tour at Berghain because I didn't pre-order tickets, never thought I'd have to. 2016 at Kraftwerk was insanely good. I can't recall what I was paying for any of these though.

• Like 4

On 5/27/2023 at 1:18 PM, Rbrmyofr said:

Hello! My name is Splitradix and I am a lifelong Autechre fan. (PS who do I pay to change my username)

I live in Dublin and Autechre are playing a gig here in October in Vicar Street. The tickets cost €46.15 (40+unavoidable online ticketmaster fee). I've been digging through my archives of Autechre gigs I have attended (or ones in Dublin I missed) and how much they cost over the years and have compiled a little list of them (link below). I have a funny feeling in the back of my mind that this upcoming Dublin gig might be one of the most expensive Autechre ticket prices ever, so far, in the history of the planet.

I would love to hear from other people who have attended Autechre gigs over the years and can remember how much they cost and what date the gig was on. Please leave your data in this thread in the form of a comment if you would like to! 

Here is my list so far (NB: Irish prices pre 2001 were officially in a different currency called the Irish Punt that I convered to Euro using the correct exchange rate for simplicity, hence the slightly unusual unrounded numbers):

fEAzwnZ.png

The 2nd funnel set, was the first one i was meant to see them  but in queuing up my best mate swayed too much as we tried to drunkenly hold it together..... and the bouncers said... "nah"

Managed to see them 2 years later though!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, phudoshin said:

The 2nd funnel set, was the first one i was meant to see them  but in queuing up my best mate swayed too much as we tried to drunkenly hold it together..... and the bouncers said... "nah"

Managed to see them 2 years later though!

The second Funnel set was a good one, here's a few lines I wrote for somebody years ago: "Second time Autchre played here this year, this time they were armed with fancy new looking laptops and played a lot of new material from their recently released LP5 album. Support was a DJ set from Mira Calix."

A guy I hung out with called Kevin interviewed Mira Calix for a zine he made called Slanted and Enchanted (which I wrote some "articles" for also, I use quotes as my writing was terrible, Kevin's was much better). She told him that one of her favourite ever albums was Loveless by My Bloody Valentine. (RIP)

Kevin first introduced me to Autechre via a mix tape he made for me which included "Second Bad Vilbel". That was also the first time I heard an Aphex Twin track which was "Ventolin (Wheeze Mix)". I remember there was also a Sabres of Paradise track, some Red Snapper, DJ Shadow, DJ Krust and Photek. He wrote a little description of each of the producers too, it was a great introduction to a world I remained deep in all my life to this day. We met in a univertisy I was attending (and then dropped out of) called DCU, I was trying to study physics.

The next night Aphex Twin played at The Olympia Theature which was also a great gig and was the first time I met Trev and Dunk aka Ambulance. They gave me a tape of their music which depressed me due to how good it was (I was trying to make music too).

Dunk is going to support Autechre this October at the Vicar Street gig in Dublin. He's my favourite Irish producer and I have yet to catch up to his high and prolific level of music production. His music is available here: https://countersunk.bandcamp.com/ Three of his tracks are in the new Autechre DJ mix (one a co-production with Deasy, real name David Cleary).

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 2:05 PM, Rbrmyofr said:

The second Funnel set was a good one, here's a few lines I wrote for somebody years ago: "Second time Autchre played here this year, this time they were armed with fancy new looking laptops and played a lot of new material from their recently released LP5 album. Support was a DJ set from Mira Calix."

A guy I hung out with called Kevin interviewed Mira Calix for a zine he made called Slanted and Enchanted (which I wrote some "articles" for also, I use quotes as my writing was terrible, Kevin's was much better). She told him that one of her favourite ever albums was Loveless by My Bloody Valentine. (RIP)

Kevin first introduced me to Autechre via a mix tape he made for me which included "Second Bad Vilbel". That was also the first time I heard an Aphex Twin track which was "Ventolin (Wheeze Mix)". I remember there was also a Sabres of Paradise track, some Red Snapper, DJ Shadow, DJ Krust and Photek. He wrote a little description of each of the producers too, it was a great introduction to a world I remained deep in all my life to this day. We met in a univertisy I was attending (and then dropped out of) called DCU, I was trying to study physics.

The next night Aphex Twin played at The Olympia Theature which was also a great gig and was the first time I met Trev and Dunk aka Ambulance. They gave me a tape of their music which depressed me due to how good it was (I was trying to make music too).

Dunk is going to support Autechre this October at the Vicar Street gig in Dublin. He's my favourite Irish producer and I have yet to catch up to his high and prolific level of music production. His music is available here: https://countersunk.bandcamp.com/ Three of his tracks are in the new Autechre DJ mix (one a co-production with Deasy, real name David Cleary).

That Olympia gig was probably the best Aphex show Ive been too.

On 5/27/2023 at 2:18 PM, Rbrmyofr said:

Hello! My name is Splitradix and I am a lifelong Autechre fan. (PS who do I pay to change my username)

Hey, are you the Splitradix? If so, I loved Synthesizing Your Future.

If not, you might want to check it out, it's good.

On 7/7/2023 at 11:25 AM, Shimon_Shimon said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5cf4daec698d45d50923810909f98b0b.jpeg

Brixton 2015: £25

I legit thought that was a condom wrapper on the right.

On 7/7/2023 at 12:36 PM, BlockUser said:

German speakers will appreciate this: I'd been to that Berghain one back in 2010, but right before on that same night, I'd been to Helge Schneider at Admiralspalast with my family. Going from Helge to Autechre on the same night on April 1 was a surreal experience of the most wonderful kind. I arrived just when they started, could hear that incredible kick pumping while walking up the stairs, knowing this was gonna be a good one.

I got into Autechre in 2002 and then saw tour dates somewhere and had to confront the fact that they'd just been playing Berlin, I think it was at WMF. I became a fan 2 weeks too late to go there lmao. The other Autechre gigs I've been to were Maria am Ostbahnhof on the Untilted Tour. I missed the Quaristice Tour at Berghain because I didn't pre-order tickets, never thought I'd have to. 2016 at Kraftwerk was insanely good. I can't recall what I was paying for any of these though.

I've also attended concerts of both Helge Schneider and Autechre.

The Autechre gig was in U60311, Frankfurt, in 2001. Don't remember what I payed at the time, but I guess it must have been around 20 DM, which would be like 10 Eurobucks.

Coughed up pretty much the same amount in Euros for the upcoming Venice gig (€25), which I found quite civil, all things considered. Looking forward to not seeing them again. (IIRC, they hadn't yet started playing completely in the dark back then, but hit us with lots and lots of fog.)

12 hours ago, IDEM said:

Hey, are you the Splitradix? If so, I loved Synthesizing Your Future.

If not, you might want to check it out, it's good.

I just checked that release and yes it is good. And yes I am the same Splitradix. Glad you liked it.

Ok that *was* a bit silly. I blame the Aphex chat.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 2:05 PM, Rbrmyofr said:

Dude.. I studies Applied Physics in DCU 91-96. AND i was at that Olympia Aphex set.. i was well out of it but i have a memory of a bearded dancer and RDJ was off stage? I thionk he played some SAW2 stuff tooI asked umack about it once but got no details .. he said only it was a "proper rave"

Last coincidence.. I know Duncs brother and stayed with him in oz back in 2003. Good times!

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 12:26 PM, IDEM said:

I guess it must have been around 20 DM, which would be like 10 Eurobucks.

Coughed up pretty much the same amount in Euros for the upcoming Venice gig (€25)

I'd guess something around that as well back in those days. Autechre were still more niche than they are today. I remember when I went to the bathroom at that 2005 gig and I overheard some girls complaining to each other: "What's going on tonight? Usually it's just Techno here on Fridays, what is this shit?" This doesn't happen at their gigs anymore.

In 2023, I paid €45 to see Autechre in the future. Ticketmaster needs love too.

• Like 1