IGNORED

Downloads:Autechre Live at Club Soda on 2008-04-13

Sam

Yeah I know, mindblowing, easily the best quality 08 bootleg I've heard. Such a treat, those first 15 mins are my favorite AE live material ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, mTesc said:

WOW and wtf!? Where did this come from and where has it been hiding for fifteen years?

This, exactly...
Am I the one who missed a step, or is there something that escapes the philological order of things?

• Like 2

i don't remember all those epic synths around the 20 minutes mark. so dope. i was pretty drunk the night this tour came to portland. it coincided with some life shit so i was blotto and only really recall the first bits and bits and pieces here and there and yelling at a friend "LISTEN TO THAT!"  all stoked.. letting the problems melt away for an hour... 

so, it's nice to hear it again. 

21 hours ago, Draft78 said:

the details are so defined that it's hard to believe it's a bootleg...

recorded with a pair of DPA 4060 mics, wich is  a few steps better than H4N -built in mics or other pocket recorder.

(even if those DPAs are basically designed as speech mics ) but they are easy to hide  (so as you won't be caught red-handed)

so probably, maybe,  the dude that recorded this had the mics located around his head rather than around his belt. captures better the rig + room.

... well then, imagine how it would sound with a pair of schoepps or neumann hi-end mics  :happy:

Edited by neurone
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 4:56 AM, iococoi said:

i don't want to be a party pooper or anything, but ...

https://archive.org/search?query=autechre+live

including that club soda ting

https://archive.org/details/Autechre2008-04-13

additional

https://archive.org/details/Autechre

No party ruination here, all seems like good news. It is slightly suspicious that this excellent recording which is also quite different from any of the bootlegs that I've previously encountered would appear in 2021. Does anyone think it could be a skillful reproduction using the Elektron patches / sequences? I'm not saying that I believe it to be that, just that it's curious timing and departure-ish enough.

• Like 1

I was there!  I remember somebody was going to record this, I talked to him during Rob Hall or Massonix' set.  I was durnk!

Anyway the 2005 show at Usine C in Montreal > 2008 at Club Soda.  I felt the 2008 tour was too much frantic, the 2005 tour had much better quarity 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mTesc said:

No party ruination here, all seems like good news. It is slightly suspicious that this excellent recording which is also quite different from any of the bootlegs that I've previously encountered would appear in 2021. Does anyone think it could be a skillful reproduction using the Elektron patches / sequences? I'm not saying that I believe it to be that, just that it's curious timing and departure-ish enough.

Doubt it’s a reproduction. Certainly sounds authentic. 

If you look at the taper’s other uploads it seems they were actively taping shows around the time of this one and that they’ve been uploading a bunch of their old tapes in the last couple of years. 

I agree it’s kinda strange an ‘08 show of this quality seemingly passed everyone by. When that better source on Domino 2010 popped up it seemed to generate some excitement pretty quickly if i recall. Not that many downloads on this ‘08 show when i looked. I guess it has been a couple of years since i checked the Autechre tag on archive.org so who knows. Does seem weird tho

• Like 2

Yeah, this is up there with Hemsby & Glasgow/Art School (the two best of that extended Until / Quar era that I'm aware of - does anyone have any other high quality favorites?) - two of my all-time favorite "records" for listening to on long highway drives.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, mTesc said:

Yeah, this is up there with Hemsby & Glasgow/Art School (the two best of that extended Until / Quar era that I'm aware of - does anyone have any other high quality favorites?) - two of my all-time favorite "records" for listening to on long highway drives.

Glasgow and Hemsby sets were the only soundboard recordings from that era right? 

This one is my favorite live sets and much of the drums/percs sounds a lot like the Machinedrum+Monomachine-combo they had 2005-2008
but this one is more experimental and less "melody driven" love it! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bob Dylan said:

I was there!  I remember somebody was going to record this, I talked to him during Rob Hall or Massonix' set.  I was durnk!

Anyway the 2005 show at Usine C in Montreal > 2008 at Club Soda.  I felt the 2008 tour was too much frantic, the 2005 tour had much better quarity 

what I understand is that in the Montreal area there is a hero with a pair of DPA 4060's who records ae live as f they are soundboards.
What I still don't understand is how the 2008 one remained invisible (for me and for others here) until 2023.
But it doesn't matter: now it's inside my ears and I'm a better person

Edited by Draft78
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, cern said:

Glasgow and Hemsby sets were the only soundboard recordings from that era right? 

This one is my favorite live sets and much of the drums/percs sounds a lot like the Machinedrum+Monomachine-combo they had 2005-2008
but this one is more experimental and less "melody driven" love it! 

NICE! I was at the Atlanta gig featuring this set, and I've appreciated the fairly good recording quality of several from this era, but this one is tops. I'm surprised to have never encountered it (although I was mostly looking in the aughts. THANKSKSKSSSSKS!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mTesc said:

This is my favourite recording of 2001:

https://archive.org/compress/Autechre2001-05-18/formats=FLAC&file=/Autechre2001-05-18.zip

• Like 1