IGNORED

My vinyl costs a ton

YEK

So this is a thing now. Vinyl prices are skyrocketing all over.. I was thinking it was just my local record store but it’s not. Is this affecting your collecting now?? I think it will for me, def going to buy less. 
🥲

• Like 1

Bandcamp from UK/EU to US is so ridiculous now, I basically buy 1 or 2 discs a year. Went back to the old stores like Juno, Norman, etc.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Bandcamp from UK/EU to US is so ridiculous now, I basically buy 1 or 2 discs a year. Went back to the old stores like Juno, Norman, etc.

Sometimes bandcamp is more than double in shipping and sometimes the releases they sell from their website have feature versions you only get there with merch or different coloured vinyl. Lustmord did this. And Radiohead arrived nearly a week earlier at my friends place who bought it on their website than my bandcamp version

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1

I don't buy that kind of flawed technology since the 90s. High prices are a good thing for the exclusivity feelings of the vinyl hipsters, I guess. 

• Haha 2

all the reissue labels didn't help w/price. fancy art, quality vinyl, rare pressings etc.. Ae NTS sessions Vinyl seems like a bargain now 🙂

• Like 2

Yeah prices are... Something else, now. I still can't process how much LP now have an average price of 40€ or more. And I'm not talking limited editions here!

Reissues clearly reflect inflation: a fresh copy of Windowlicker was sold at 20€ when I went to the store yesterday - but I clearly remember that it was more a 5€ deal 10-15 years ago.

On the other hand, there's a massive Bleep sale right now and I spent quite a lot on vinyls that cost what they used to lol

• Like 1