IGNORED

Hakushi Hasegawa - Mah​ō​gakkō

Damn, this makes black dice sound like easy listening music.
i had to check if multiple tracks weren't playing at once.

Feels fresh? I... I might grow to dig it.

Haha yeah it gets a bit busy, but stuff like this feels like what I was training myself for when I listened to what squarepusher was doing in the 00s

On 7/27/2024 at 9:16 AM, taphead said:

Haha yeah it gets a bit busy, but stuff like this feels like what I was training myself for when I listened to what squarepusher was doing in the 00s

This strikes me as a corrupted reaction against anime intro-tropes, primarily the visuals and vocals, but everything else is wildly distinct. Is their other work like this, namely with japanese vocals?

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

Yeah they usually do their own singing on the tracks, though there's also some instrumentals. Though I think that the instrumentals are not showing up quite as often. The music isn't always quite this extreme, but it's usually some kind of extreme. This song is another great one to check out, it's not on any of the albums

This is totally my kinda thing, thanks for sharing.

Is this what they call "queercore"? It seems like a lot of really good electronic music like this (super fast, hyperactive, densely layered) from the last few years is made by LGBTQ people (Arca, Galen Tipton, lots of other stuff on Deskpop (R.I.P) etc.)

20 minutes ago, springymajig said:

Is this what they call "queercore"? It seems like a lot of really good electronic music like this (super fast, hyperactive, densely layered) from the last few years is made by LGBTQ people (Arca, Galen Tipton, lots of other stuff on Deskpop (R.I.P) etc.)

You could add Fire-Toolz to that list.

• Like 1

Glad to share! And I don't know exactly how the categorization would work because RYM has queercore as more of a punk rock thing, but there does tend to be a strong LGBTQ presence in this style of music, which would include Hasegawa since they're non-binary. Cishet people really need to step up their game here they can't just have Max Tundra do all the heavy lifting

• Like 2

On 7/30/2024 at 9:43 PM, springymajig said:

Maybe it's what people call such these days, that used to be the name of a queer themed hardcore punk subgenre with such luminaries as Limp Wrist and Pansy Division

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is nuts, i can't stop listening to this album, it's so bloody awesome 😅

One of the wildest things i heard in years 🤌 fantastic