IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Thanks guys. I love the Acidlab Miami. To me it was a showdown between the miami and an 808 in good condition. The 808 in good condition proceeded to transcend the price I was willing to pay. So, I determined that I am happier spending less on a unit that I know doesn't have a PB&J sandwich on the circuit boards. The miami also has has a brilliant sequencer, killler interface and build quality, and wicked power (4 seconds of BD decay!). The jomox 888 was also in consideration but I decided that it was a bit too complex for my analog drum machine. Cheers

Guest Dogboy73

Here's my modest little set-up. Hopefully will soon be adding an Oberheim SEM (once Tom finishes the MIDI>CV panel versions that is!)

setip.jpg

Edited by Dogboy73

Nice, tight setup there dog. I have the AKAI MPK49 too, great piece. I'm sure it and the tetra are an amazing duo. What's your take on the MFB drumcomputer?

Also, I attached a pic of the other side of my electronic studio- where we hold ritualistic ceremonies.

-Chris

post-7518-126520725705_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ramses

Guest Dogboy73

Nice, tight setup there dog. I have the AKAI MPK49 too, great piece. I'm sure it and the tetra are an amazing duo. What's your take on the MFB drumcomputer?

Cheers :smile: Yep the MPK49 is a top controller. It was a very good buy that + I got a cheap from our supplier (I used to work in a Music Technology college). I've got a patch set-up for all the parameters on the Tetra, which makes using it a lot more hands on. The MPC Pads are top draw & are a nice way to control the MFB-522. Loving the MFB-522. Must admit I've not used it a great deal since buying it but I was very impressed with the sounds especially the all important kick. It's really nice. It's been compared to an 808 but of course you'll never get an 808 owner who agrees with that :happy: It's a bit small & fiddly but like I said I trigger it live from the MPK49 or sequence it from the computer. Desktop footprint is obviously very small, which is good for me as (as you can see from the pic) I don't have a great deal of space. So the smaller things are the more I can fit in :smile: Got to say I think the MFB-522 is an absolute bargain at the price.

been in my new place for 2 years and just been adding stuff to the pile, seriously need to rebuild soon

Nice culmination anyways though! And yes, everything can always be more space-conscious and ergonomic.

Just curious, you run that MC-202 through the two FABs? Or maybe one for the 202 and one for the 505?

And Retape, really nice setup too. Brilliant collection.

Edited by Ramses

Guest hahathhat

been in my new place for 2 years and just been adding stuff to the pile, seriously need to rebuild soon

post-43-126531637526_thumb.jpg

post-43-126531636871_thumb.jpg

post-43-126531636197_thumb.jpg

post-43-126531635558_thumb.jpg

post-43-126531634743_thumb.jpg

post-43-126531633815_thumb.jpg

post-43-126531633186_thumb.jpg

post-43-126531632374_thumb.jpg

i think we can do business together

I was looking at mc-202's on ebay last night and hell they are getting to be expensive. I remember one going for like 330 bucks maybe 6-7 years ago. Analog fever is runnin strong.

Question though, if you read this, can you disable the beep that happens when you press the buttons on the 202? I feel that would really get to me after a while.

Nice culmination anyways though! And yes, everything can always be more space-conscious and ergonomic.

Just curious, you run that MC-202 through the two FABs? Or maybe one for the 202 and one for the 505?

And Retape, really nice setup too. Brilliant collection.

yeh, you can always improve the layout, it's evolution, add kit, re-evaluate the routing, rebuild, repeat

i've got most the effects and all mixer sends hooked up to a patchbay... so i can route anything thru anything, it's still easy to hook stuff up direct tho

i think we can do business together

if you've got the time, i've got the money, honey :pedobear:

I was looking at mc-202's on ebay last night and hell they are getting to be expensive. I remember one going for like 330 bucks maybe 6-7 years ago. Analog fever is runnin strong.

Question though, if you read this, can you disable the beep that happens when you press the buttons on the 202? I feel that would really get to me after a while.

i dont think you can, i've never tried, the beep isn't that intrusive and i think it helps when editing... you could probably hack a switch to turn the internal speaker off

i dont think you can, i've never tried, the beep isn't that intrusive and i think it helps when editing... you could probably hack a switch to turn the internal speaker off

YEah I guess it could just be opened up and clip whatever wire led to the speaker that produces the noise.

YEah I guess it could just be opened up and clip whatever wire led to the speaker that produces the noise.

You can turn it off.

Shift + Bar (with the little white dot below it).

First thing I do when powering up my 202's. Yes, it's annoying.

I don't mean to deviate too far from the thread topic, but after watching that MC-202 does Aphex demo video, I got stuck watching his other videos, and a few highlights would have to be the ones starring his friend Ricky. Wow.

Be sure to watch both in their entirety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nei0mei4VbY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-HXqUB7siw