IGNORED

Squarepusher on Warp Works and 20th century Masters

SQUIDLID

Not what I was hoping for, dunno what I was hoping for but this was not it! The Tide could be interesting but I fear not and I guess the same is true for Conc 2 Symmetriac. Spose I wanted some orchestral acid or something? 10 drummers working their socks off trying to play Vic Acid or some such nonsense.

Tracklisting here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Warp-Works-20th-Ce...5266050?ie=UTF8

Perhaps I was expecting a tad too much.

Watchoo reckon?

Obviously They don't just cover tracks by Squarepusher but I was particularly interested in those ones.

I dont remember what these tracks are but I thinkt they are trying to compare some earlier 20th century composers with warp artists. Im ordered it already.

EDIT: AFX237 V7 should be interesting as well as study no. 7 and the like.

Recordings of these were posted shortly after the London Sinfonietta performed them live in 2004. I remember hearing a piece about it on Radio 4 at the time where the orchestra were rehearsing I Wish You Could Talk and it sounded fucking awesome, then on the night they didn't even play it.

Shit me, that would have been awesome. If I could have chosen which songs they played out of Squarepushers back catalogue, I wouldn't have picked anything like the two they've selected. Which tracks did they play live in the end? I'm assuming they played a larger selection than whats on the CD?

I can't remember the exact details sorry, and Google isn't being too helpful either. I think they only played Conc 2 Symmetriac from Squarepusher. They played Polygon Window by the Dice Man though and that sounded good. Squarepusher himself was there and played Tundra 4 live as well I seem to remember.

Edit: heres the full setlist:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/hearandnow/pip/uar5a/

Recordings of these were posted shortly after the London Sinfonietta performed them live in 2004. I remember hearing a piece about it on Radio 4 at the time where the orchestra were rehearsing I Wish You Could Talk and it sounded fucking awesome, then on the night they didn't even play it.

Ooooh that would have been amazing.

Yeah Polygon Window was wicked. I loved how drummers appeared in the audience towards the end of the piece. Yeah Tundra 4 was premiered for the first time I think? But it was definately played and it rocked my face. Jamie Lidell also did a brilliant set, some of which was caught on camera and is floating around the net, but unfortunately his whole set isn't.

Archived