IGNORED

are ekt people doomed?

modey

does anyone here actually listen to old ekt tracks on a regular basis? or have they become a 'once only' thing?

i notice i don't listen to them that much after the initial excitement, even with albums. though there are a few that have gone on to become some of my favourite electronic releases (wisp's stuff comes to mind, and also milieu).

but other than that, i'm a little disappointed by how little i listen to ekt stuff really. even stuff i really like.

how about you cunts? fuck?

Guest αnalogue ψings
people make too many shit tracks and post them knowing they are throwaways.

there is that. I generally don't even enter the thread if it says "unfinished", or "sketch", or "1:02" or whatever. An "unfinished crap" sub sub forum would be good.

^^ thats kinda a good idea (extra forum for unfinished sketches, etc)

if the music is good, then why wouldnt you keep it? i do admit, most of the songs i download from here i'll listen to a couple times then delete it, but that's simply because ntohing really impresses me, and i honestly listen to very little electronic music these days.

i still have tons of old cds and folders with shit from here and tefosav. hundreds of old songs, and some of them are my top all time tracks out of anything ever, you know..... tracks that come to mind are 'inspectors return monday' by mc spat, modex 'sketcher', line 47 'chuck a dummy', orange dust 'sand', simon and the witch!! wisp, chulk, millieu.. soo soo much more

i think electronic music has just become boring to all of us unless it's some mad ass crazy shit. or poeple need to make better music (though a lot of stuff posted in ekt is quite good also)

bah. good music stays in my heart

thats the point im trying to make i guess :-/

i collected and categorized and mixed and at one point broadcasted on this very site the best of the best year after year, but then harddrives crash and people get angry at you for stuff

poor poor theo

he is so misunderstood

Guest oxiactionmax

i thought that was like one of the general points of ylc's existence? "A work in progress you're quite not sure which way to take?"

if you're truly good enough/ dedicated enough to be signed to something whether a normal label or a netlabel you will be, don't see why anyone should have to rely on ekt as a serious method of distributing their music

i liked how when i posted an mp3-album someone said "i won't delete this straight away" or something. it's all cool tho, i accepted that i'll never have any success as a musician a long time ago.

weird, that post is gone. it might have been Data Language Systems because he's quoted in that thread but the post isn't there anymore.

i keep stuff from ekt (erm, latest creations) and listen to it occasionally. but i don't download much from there anymore.

i don't kome here as often as i used to.

i d/l from people that i like

and i keep them

the rest i kant be bothered trawling thru as there's too much unfinished wank

mo

there's loads of great EKT stuff and i'm finding myself listening to it regularly rather than more commercial stuff

There's pyractomena borealis by Kcinsu.. some of the best ambient i've ever heard, without exaggeration. extremely visual and rewarding pieces

there's chris moss stuff, i mean, he's getting rather kickass. i'm beginning to like even his hardcore acid rave stuff because it's so well performed. some of his ambient acid pieces are really good

fieldtriqp has done some really nice stuff, and don't even let me get started on chimp logic.. i take his stuff on my mp3 player

loafeye did a great album called everything that i learned.. lots of tracks and they're all well produced

you just gotta open your eyes a little and like normal artists, most artists on here don't release the end all of electronic music every saturday night

i used to listen to a heap of ekt stuff (albums and EPs anyway, not single tracks) but now it's down to a few standout albums (pincer attack's releases, asymmetrical head's lunar-moon suit, some others i've forgotten)

too many people are releasing things and because it's all free it saturates the market, or something. and it's hard to get excited over a release when whoever made it is making 2 albums a month anyway

Haven't been around for a couple of months, but it seems as if the board in general is dying out or am I wrong? I've only heard a few tracks since I got back and a lot of them have been good, but of course there all the 'meh'-ones...

I can't get people to download my tracks in the first place.

If there are people that I listen to that once posted on watmm it's Orange Dust, Wisp, Kcinsu and Beak. That's about it. Too many people post a ton of mediocre tracks.

And honestly, I'm that big of a BOC fan.

I can't get people to download my tracks in the first place.

If there are people that I listen to that once posted on watmm it's Orange Dust, Wisp, Kcinsu and Beak. That's about it. Too many people post a ton of mediocre tracks.

And honestly, I'm that big of a BOC fan.

i liked your buddhist connection album.

Guest SamWhite!

I've only posted one track, and it wasn't my best, I doubt I will spam this place up with much of my works, I know better than to do so.

once ina while to 7pd, producer snafu, space disease, wisp, denizen etc...

woah Space Disease posts here? wow, his stuff is great.

Yes he is we_kill_soapscum

Guest SamWhite!

also, if you're makign top quallity tracks, I doubt you'd be posting them on this forum. You'd be sending demos to record lables. I dunno.

Archived