IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

hahahaha, so I got to relive being a teenager in a fun way this weekend. There's a new dubstep 12"(?!) by the Bassbin Twins(??!!?!)

Simple, sounds old-school, and it's awesome

Dude, I used to loooove the Bassbin Twins back in the day, some tunes that are still seriously awesome. "A1 Love is a Superstar" omg.

Rossi B & Luca mix

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QPNXCBAC

http://www.zshare.net/audio/16458048c034d328/

Full tracklist :

RUSKO - SOUNDGUY TARGET (DUB)

KROMESTAR - BADMAN (DUB)

AFTERDARK - BIG UP AND BURN HER (BISTO BOOTIES)

TES LA ROK FT. UNCLE SAM - UP IN THE VIP (DUB)

MONKEY - CATCH A WAVE (DUB)

DKAY - LION DUB REMIX (DUB)

TES LA ROK - STRAP (DUB POLICE)

501 - CIRCLE OF FIRE (DUB)

BENNY PAGE - STEP OUT (DIGITAL SOUNDBOY)

FRISCO - SKENG MAN MODE (PENG FOOD VOL 1)

2ND II NONE - WATERFALLS (CRISSY CRISS REMIX) (HEAVY ARTILLERY)

EL B - GREEZY (HEAVY ARTILLERY)

TRG - MOVE DIS (SOUL MOTIVE)

STENCHMAN - THE NUMBER ONE (XSDUBZ)

CRISSY CRISS - THE DEVIL (HEAVY ARTILLERY)

RUSKO - MR CHIPS (DUB)

VISTA - LOUNGE DUB (3.5 RECORDS)

B.U.N VS ILL BILL BATCHELOR - CHOPPA (DUB)

MONKEY - JACKET (RUDEEZ)

DKAY - THESE SOUNDS (DUB POLICE)

WILEY - GRIME KID (ESKI BEAT)

CRISSY CRISS - BLOW YA HEAD OFF (DUB)

DKAY - WOOP (DUB)

B.U.N VS ILL BILL BATCHELOR - YORKSHIRE PUDDING (DUB)

CHIMPO - LIKKLE STEREO (DUB)

KROMESTAR & HATCHA - GUTTED (APHEX)

TES LA ROK FT. UNCLE SAM - ROUND THE WORLD GIRLS VIP (ARGON)

501 - GET BACK (VERI LO)

CRISSY CRISS - CHOP CHOP (DUB)

SUKH KNIGHT - GANJA DUB (DUB)

BIOME - RUSTY BADGE (DUB)

ROSSI B AND LUCA - ENEMY (WAR DUBZ)

D KAY - EVACUATE (DUB)

QUALIFIDE - RUFF N TUFF (EL B REMIX) (QUALIFIDE)

RUSKO - CHECK MATE (DUB)

JAKES - CUSTARD CREAM (DUB)

CHASE AND STATUS - BITS (DUB)

MONKEY - JOIN US (HEAVY ARTILLERY)

UNITZ - THE DROP (DUB POLICE)

THE OTHERS - ROBOFUNK (DUB)

RUDEEZ - CHAMPION (RUDEEZ)

DKAY - ASSAULT (DUB)

KROMESTAR - UNTITLED (DUB)

ZED BIAS - SOLITARY DROP (AQUATIC LAB)

R.U.F - RUDEBOY RIDDIM (DUB)

STAGGA - PREDATORY CONTROL FREAKS (DUB)

DIGITAL MISTYKZ - FAT FREDDYS DROP REMIX (WHITE LABEL)

CHEF - ELECTRO BASHMENT (SUB FREQ)

CRISSY CRISS - NEW GAME (HEAVY ARTILLERY)

JOKER - 80S (KAPSIZE)

Guest Soothsayer

Some dude who calls himself Bro Safari, seems to have ties to the Trill Bass crew posted up a few free 320 tracks on dubstepforum, they're pretty good, figured I'd share here(esp. since they're very glitchy, figure the more electronic music-loving fans of dubstep on here would dig this):

zip file of the tracks

Thanks for that Rossi B & Luca mix, too, 2 of the better DJ's on the scene(and some of the only DJ's in dubstep that incorporate turntablism)

will check those now idi

seeing as i was talking about it in another thread, this might be my fav burial beat ever. it's all over the bloody shop and is even more impressive as it's on HDUB001 (which i picked up along with sine on 10" at a record fair. niiiiice.)

burial - nite train

will check those now idi

seeing as i was talking about it in another thread, this might be my fav burial beat ever. it's all over the bloody shop and is even more impressive as it's on HDUB001 (which i picked up along with sine on 10" at a record fair. niiiiice.)

burial - nite train

Still my favorite Burial track.

Guest analogue wings

Boabinga - State of Ghetto Jacking

Totally straight up house track with a BIG FUCKOFF WOBBLER on top

:undecided:

will check those now idi

burial - nite train

I didn't even realize it was a michael jackson sample under I heard the original the other day.. X_X

Guest nene multiple assgasms
will check those now idi

burial - nite train

I didn't even realize it was a michael jackson sample under I heard the original the other day.. X_X

how can you not recognize that as michael jackson's voice?

this blog post nails it, for me

Untrue on the 42

What is it about the night time that leaves us so exposed to music?

I sometimes think that nothing else on earth can be as affecting as listening to a good record alone, at night, on a bus or driving in your car. Yet I’m never sure if it’s the records I listen to that provoke these “night feelings” or if it’s night itself which changes how they sound. I wish I could answer these kind of questions more succinctly.

Of course, the record that has got me thinking about all of this, and everyone else too it seems, is Burial’s “Untrue”. Last week I listened to it for the second time on a bus into Dublin’s city centre, with practically nobody else on board. The view from a bus at night is one of the weirdest ways of looking at familiar places, as you trundle along in a cocoon of light, barely able to see anything but the reflections of the inside unless you really press right up against the glass. I think I enjoy listening to music in a moving vehicle more than in any other place (barring a good nightclub, possibly.)

But it’s this particular zone, when it’s night time and quiet and cold, that I find myself feeling pretty polemical about the music I like. Last week I had a moment like this, somewhere in the middle of Untrue. I thought: “isn’t this the greatest music in the world?”, and simultaneously felt like the bus journey actually was now significant, because I’d listened to the record. By “this music” I guess I mean “dub”, in which I’d include most of the house and techno discussed here.

That might seem a bit rich to some, but I think it’d be wrong to say that dubstep is the only dance genre indebted to dub. As such I can’t help but feel that the reason Untrue is getting such effusive praise in the mainstream is that it is one of the first records I can think of to bring the jaw-dropping solemnity and melancholy of electronic dub, the backbone of so much brilliant electronic music, to people in a really direct and accessible way.

Anyone who has listened to a lot of dance music might wonder what all the fuss about Burial is, at least in terms of how “new” this sound is. I base that purely on the fact that this album seemed so instantly familiar to me, and seemed to hit so many of the same buttons as the house and techno I listen to. Plus it’s worth mentioning how out of this world really bass heavy dub can sound. I mean, hell, if I’m at a festival and they’re playing old Jamaican stuff on a huge system I still kind of think “holy shit” at how intense some of it is.

So if you’ve listened to Basic Channel or other dubstep (I’m dubstep illiterate) or deep house or minimal or tons of other styles, you may already feel accustomed to some of the feelings Untrue provokes (the opening of “Dog Shelter” reminds me of “Heroin” by Superpitcher) That’s not to say you won’t love it though.

I’ve taken to it pretty instantly. It’s a brilliantly poppy take on some of the biggest ideas that electronic music has to offer. It makes things I thought were unique to house or techno seem universal and essential, and seems to have allowed these qualities to crossover in a way that house and techno albums have been largely failing to do.

If you’re looking for one of those records that spins your thoughts out into space and lets them breathe (am I the only one who needs a good DJ mix to help me pay attention to my book when on a busy train or bus?) then Untrue is the one for you. It makes me glad to be on public transport (now my praise has gone too far!)

PS: Call me an Irish alcoholic but if you’re going on a night out, a bottle of beer plus this record plus the bus is like some zen level of mental preparation. Just don’t shove the bottle in the corner of the seat afterwards! HIAF recommends Hoegaarden and Kronenberg 1664 Blanc.

will check those now idi

burial - nite train

how can you not recognize that as michael jackson's voice?

Holy shit, that track is uninspiring. Sounds like Burial has got about 10-12 drum samples and uses them over and over.

you have lutvisk in place of ears. its not how many samples, it's where he puts them. it's definitely got the weirdest rhythm of any burial track.

But it's so bad.

And what I meant was that his tracks all sound the same.

Guest Soothsayer

Yeah, surprised I liked that Dusk & Blackdown as much as I did...seeing as I'm not particularly fond of his pitchfork columns(he comes off as the old man on the porch with a shotgun).

It's been all about that "Natural Selection"/"Vancouver" 12" from Martyn, and "Iron Dread" by Kromestar for me lately(the opening melody to that track is one of Kromestar's best, imo)

edit: Another funny trend I'm starting to notice....since it's so incredibly en vogue to try to shit all over someone else's production style in dubstep if it differs from yours, the more vocally bitchy producers(*cough*Greivous Angel*cough*) have taken to....trying to sound like Flying Lotus, who himself is just replicating the sounds of early Prefuse 73. Frankly, that's kinda wack to me...

On the other hand though, you have others like Shakleton who are forging just completely new trails. I'm very interested to hear new output from him.

Edited by Soothsayer

Guest Soothsayer

How in the fuck can every single conversation in this thread come back to "I love Burial" or "I don't like Burial"???

Guest Soothsayer

well my point of that post was to point out that Burial is a terrible artist to place an entire opinion on a very widely-encompassing genre such as dubstep, seeing as noone makes music in that genre that sounds anything like him.

It would make far more sense if people were to think that someone like Tes La Rok was an artist to base an entire opinion on this genre...

Edited by Soothsayer