IGNORED

Question

Guest CBrown

Guest CBrown

I can't be fucked to search for this. What's the voice saying around 4 minutes, the bit about switching sounds and familiar sequences?

puck

seriously there's so many modulated voices of Richard on Drukqs, especially on 54 Cymru, just listen to the smoothed brushes at the start 10 seconds into the track. Not just background stuff, but percussions and synths that have pass-through with his voice.

Guest Caustic

im hearing something about "sampling the sequence"

what i want to know is the Welsh voice saying around 1:40

how do we know it's all richard's voices? i love the mental bit that kicks in at 4.50 onwards, i love turning that bit up when im on the bus with my mp3 player :) people look at me strangely :angry:

Guest mushroom

once upon a time there were three bears, mommy bear, daddy bear, baby bear

then

i like switching sounds during a sequence

the rest is cut-up

I always thought it was something like "switching sounds in some sort of a sequence"

The bit Im more curious about is the electronic voice that says something like "humanoid intruder" just before the build up into the hecticness at the end.

Its the same voice as the begining of one of the Luke Vibert tracks on YosepH, I cant remember what the track is called tho. Sounds like its from a computer game or something, any ideas?

puck

seriously there's so many modulated voices of Richard on Drukqs, especially on 54 Cymru, just listen to the smoothed brushes at the start 10 seconds into the track. Not just background stuff, but percussions and synths that have pass-through with his voice.

I think it's "fuck!". I think thats one of the reason for parental advisory. Also in windowlicker EP the math track had this same sample right?

Guest Jimbob

Cock?

complex math equation is fucking genius.

especially when ''wwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaa-booooooooooooooom'' comes in just before it decays into a delicious syrupy white noise.

oh yes.

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

once after i ate some very special sour patch kids i thought that song was talking about GUMMY BEAR and sour patch kids

puck There's a clear version of it with almost no other noise at 0:35 in the track.

Anyway, yeah the clap hands, fingersnaps, the transformed voices, they are everywhere in Richard's music. It's a great key to his success imho. There's at least 3-4 of them just in 54 Cymru. There's a soft puck per example between almost every percussion hit during the first 15 seconds of the track. There's a "weeeeeeeee" voice at 15 seconds, then a second later some sort of "tee!". Both are recurrent throughout the track. Or at 0:51 there's his voice going "whoooooohooohoo".

There's so many possibilities with recording your voice doing a sound, you can modulate them at great lenght, it's easy to do articulation like portamento or glissando. You can create electronic sounds then record them as you immitate them with your voice. Richard does all that :)

Guest Morgan Dunn
puck There's a clear version of it with almost no other noise at 0:35 in the track.

Anyway, yeah the clap hands, fingersnaps, the transformed voices, they are everywhere in Richard's music. It's a great key to his success imho. There's at least 3-4 of them just in 54 Cymru. There's a soft puck per example between almost every percussion hit during the first 15 seconds of the track. There's a "weeeeeeeee" voice at 15 seconds, then a second later some sort of "tee!". Both are recurrent throughout the track. Or at 0:51 there's his voice going "whoooooohooohoo".

There's so many possibilities with recording your voice doing a sound, you can modulate them at great lenght, it's easy to do articulation like portamento or glissando. You can create electronic sounds then record them as you immitate them with your voice. Richard does all that :)

sometimes i wonder what some of those noises that he uses really are. i could see him making his songs out of really bizarre noises or words just for irony...oh hes a trickster alright!

sometimes i wonder what some of those noises that he uses really are. i could see him making his songs out of really bizarre noises or words just for irony...oh hes a trickster alright!

You've obviously never heard the Ventolin Remixes then...

Guest Morgan Dunn

You've obviously never heard the Ventolin Remixes then...

ive only heard a few of them...how do you mean?

Guest tv_party
I always thought it was something like "switching sounds in some sort of a sequence"

The bit Im more curious about is the electronic voice that says something like "humanoid intruder" just before the build up into the hecticness at the end.

Its the same voice as the begining of one of the Luke Vibert tracks on YosepH, I cant remember what the track is called tho. Sounds like its from a computer game or something, any ideas?

Still love this game.

berzerk2.gif

Berzerk

Got the humanoid

The humanoid must not escape

What I can't remember is what old game the intro sample comes from.

And also 1:52 the sample that sounds like "Gummy Bear"... Is that really what it's saying?

Archived