IGNORED

Question

Guest CBrown

puck There's a clear version of it with almost no other noise at 0:35 in the track.

Anyway, yeah the clap hands, fingersnaps, the transformed voices, they are everywhere in Richard's music. It's a great key to his success imho. There's at least 3-4 of them just in 54 Cymru. There's a soft puck per example between almost every percussion hit during the first 15 seconds of the track. There's a "weeeeeeeee" voice at 15 seconds, then a second later some sort of "tee!". Both are recurrent throughout the track. Or at 0:51 there's his voice going "whoooooohooohoo".

There's so many possibilities with recording your voice doing a sound, you can modulate them at great lenght, it's easy to do articulation like portamento or glissando. You can create electronic sounds then record them as you immitate them with your voice. Richard does all that :)

I at first thought I heard puck. But then I assumed he fucked with the sample to make the beginning more percussive.

Guest Vegeta897
i love the mental bit that kicks in at 4.50 onwards, i love turning that bit up when im on the bus with my mp3 player :) people look at me strangely :angry:

Hell yes :D

I once read that it was "seamlessly switching sounds during a sequence" or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest splagawaga

i dunno if any1 already spotted this but the 'humanoid' sample on 54 cymru is also in a luke vibert track.

just looking up the track name now.

'yoseph' on yoseph... :)

the sample says, "humanoid... intruder" or something similar.

go go trivia.

• 1 month later...
Guest mushroom

It's "tuck", by the way. There's no way it could be anything else. Don't turn this into heat vs. night, it's tuck.

Guest stolemb

btw, I've seen the beat used on 54 Cymru beats on some drumloops webpage

what does that mean, Richard?

Guest mushroom

you are fucked in the head

there is no way he is possibly fucking saying anything with the letter "p" in that clip

no way, zero. period.

Archived