IGNORED

New RDJ EP

Guest Retrig

How do you know it's a collab with Vibert? I haven't been told anything to that effect.

track1 hand clap arrangement sounds like vibert.

track2 funk line and 'clicks' and mouth noises sounds like vibert.

overall the feel is too funky for just rdj

OK, so this is 'your opinion' rather than it being based partially or entirely on fact...

From what I've been told, it's just Richard.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aphex or not, I enjoyed the samples, picking this up for sure.

That's the proper attitude right there! Who gives a rat's ass if it's by him or not - the question is, is it any good? I say it is!

some of us actually listen to noise you know.

I love Merzbow have nearly all his CDS near 200 CDs and smoj was weak compared

amen man, that smojphace shit was filler pure and simple. richard was laughing his ass off when he sent those masters off.

joyrex, as far as you know does richard plan to keep this unclaimed similar to the universal indicator green release?

i'd agree on afx+vibert collab!

track01: afx + vibert (i'm really quite sure it's teh afx, the beat programming, the acidy synth sound, the little rdj producion tricks like slight tape slowdowns, his sudden eq changes, nice use of phaser, really appropriate reverb, riding the channel mixer faders all the time, that "analogue" feel... everything. then i'm quite confident that vibert helped with the synth line, it just feels like him :/)

track02: vibert (the groove is just his trademark groove. soundwise it could be that afx helped a bit too...)

track03: afx!!! this track is so much afx it's pointless to discuss.

IMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest AlexPallas
How do you know it's a collab with Vibert? I haven't been told anything to that effect.

track1 hand clap arrangement sounds like vibert.

track2 funk line and 'clicks' and mouth noises sounds like vibert.

overall the feel is too funky for just rdj

OK, so this is 'your opinion' rather than it being based partially or entirely on fact...

ya dont need facts when ya got instinct.

yes, that is correct, i have no hard proof. its what i believe, i may be wrong, but i'm going to be so arrogant to assume i'm not.

Aphex or not, I enjoyed the samples, picking this up for sure.

That's the proper attitude right there! Who gives a rat's ass if it's by him or not - the question is, is it any good? I say it is!

I'm going to be so bold as to say that it makes a lot of difference to me if it's RDJ or not. I'm all for taking the music at face value, but when you've been a fan for all the releases, being able to put new songs in context with the rest of the artist's work (whether they want you to or now) somehow makes the music more interesting to me.

For example, if someone posts a fart.wav, and said it was by some jobber, I'd probably just download it and give it one listen (or more depending on crispness and duration of the fart), but if they said that the same fart.wav was by RDJ, I'd immediately add it to my permanent collection.

Guest Enter a new display name

Not even WarpMart knows if it's really Aphex Twin, lawlz. Considering they have Confederation Trough available for pre-order, I think there might be something important about that EP.

i doubt that vibert's got anything to do with this - i can't hear it myself... it could well be grant though - i guess he'd be heavily influenced by aphex's style and will have access to a shit load of equipment, so it sort of makes sense. where did the grant idea come from anyway? how is it confirmed?

Guest Adjective

i did think of vibert when i first heard the samples, and the title Robotuss. just to throw that out there for those that felt some vibert in this.

some of us actually listen to noise you know.

I love Merzbow have nearly all his CDS near 200 CDs and smoj was weak compared

amen man, that smojphace shit was filler pure and simple. richard was laughing his ass off when he sent those masters off.

joyrex, as far as you know does richard plan to keep this unclaimed similar to the universal indicator green release?

I haven't gotten confirmation yet that Rephlex or Richard will ever claim it's him, but if I had to take a guess, probably not. They (Rephlex) still won't say the Brad Strider stuff is his either, at far as I know.

Rephlex is not going to release anything that sounds remotely similar to Richard's stuff for fear of the artist getting pegged as a ripoff or losing any sort of recognition as everyone will think it's Richard. If they did want to release something sounding like his stuff, they'd go out of their way (I would think) to make sure everyone knows it's not Richard, but that in itself could cause everyone to think that it IS Richard based on the fuss they would make over it... LOL, it's such a funny circle. Either way, Rephlex is gonna sell a lot of the EP based on people thinking it is Richard, and those thinking it's good music (which it is).

Guest AlexPallas
Either way, Rephlex is gonna sell a lot of the EP based on people thinking it is Richard, and those thinking it's good music (which it is).

they might be doing something funny, like trying to get people to actually 'listen' to music. lol, its not going to happen in the mainstream until record companies collapse and independent musicians become the primary source of music.

If they did want to release something sounding like his stuff, they'd go out of their way (I would think) to make sure everyone knows it's not Richard, but that in itself could cause everyone to think that it IS Richard based on the fuss they would make over it...

best quote ever

rephlex has released stuff that sounds a lot like richard! what about that Headcleaner, Position Normal EP? (i still actually think this IS aphex....i know i know, but just LISTEN to it) what about astrobotnia - everyone thought that might be aphex before they knew differently... in fact, most stuff on Rephlex is a little bit aphexy...

Archived