IGNORED

My Tuss theory

Guest Helper ET

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nope...

earlgrey spoke of it perfectly...I wish I had the means to decribe my thoughts like he did. This is a quote, fuck the quote feature...mostly because I don't know how to use it.

earlgrey nailed it here...

"I've noticed a number of posts in various Tussy threads saying something equivalent to this. I for one do not think that we are abstract purely rational minds embodied in physical frames that really can divorce expectations from appreciation of art, e.g. music. Even if we could, it's not clear that we _should_; surely there is good reason for appreciating a work not merely for what "inheres" in it, but also for appreciating it in the context of an artist's catalogue and seeing it as a progression (or, perhaps in the case of The Tuss, a restatement). I mean, I love John Cage's 4:33, but if you were to download an MP3 of it without understanding the context you would be appalled. An artwork [or album] is richer than what merely appears in the work-in-itself - the act of composing and releasing it can fruitfully be seen as part of the artistic endeavour, and appreciating that involves moving beyond "the record" and seeing it as part of its composer's life-plan or living biography. Albums aren't just slabs of vinyl or CD, they're creations by people, and it is relevant to consider the background of that person to understand - and sometimes enjoy more - the music within the greater scheme of the artist's output."

Good stuff. That's what this whole fucking Tuss thing is really about. It's a huge conflict between the people who think like the above...and people who don't give a shit what they are listening to, as long as they like what they are hearing.

Blam!

bust out of some more of the orange pills, by the end of the day youll think a SWAT team is helicoptering through he skylights in your ceiling and that the CIA has implanted a listening device in your brain.

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞
IVE TRACED THE IP CAPTAIN, ITS COMING FROM A BANK IN LONDON

i heard he lives in ireland now, saving his tax dollars (he has an irish and british passport)

<a href="http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h138/sneaksta303/tomandluke.jpg" target="_blank">
</a>
<a href="http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h138/sneaksta303/brianT.jpg" target="_blank">
</a>

Hmmmm.... Tom Tregaskin. :pinch:

EDIT: It's all in the eyes. It APPEARS Tuss's pic has his beard and chin photoshopped to make it look longer or something. I dunno. It's still RDJ.

i heard he lives in ireland now, saving his tax dollars (he has an irish and british passport)

lol .. that would eplain the 48% of our hits comming from ireland stat .... he's obsessed .... the irony ... or magnesiumy or borony .. or whatevner ...

Guest Caligari

I heard a guy called Martin Tresseder is using the alias of Brian Tregaskin to publish something under The Tuss moniker. A friend of mine who is sleeping with a girl that is cousin of the neighbour of a guy who knows someone who works at Rephlex says this is a conspiracy, and the real guy behind The Tuss is a bloke called Tahnaiya Russell. Apparently he lives in a tunnel that used to be a bank in Elephant & Castle, Norway. The music he is producing is encoded Russian folk songs, so you must use a UPIC equipment connected to a Yamaha GX1 to decoded it back, and then you see the face of a beardy guy in the spectral analysis if you do it right.

I heard part of that in the internet, and for the rest I used my 10 years of watching X-Files logic to figure all out. Talk about me opening your eyes.

Your theory is diarrhea comin out of my dick

your theory is as appealing as an ooze infested sewer rat shit

your theory is my ass, and you are my balls

you are an inside out asshole regurgitating

omg the tuss is the angry nintendo nerd!

:yeah: this has just become the perfect aphex thread if you tie it in with the alexa ranking one in genbant.

:yeah: this has just become the perfect aphex thread if you tie it in with the alexa ranking one in genbant.

i did ... see up page ^^

+

piccadillyrecords

"Confederation Trough" is the debut release from new Rephlex signing The Tuss, aka Brian Tregaskin, a Cornish musician discovered by the label's A&R dept via intensive MySpace exploration. Obviously the Rephlex and Cornish connections have been causing lots of 'is it AFX' style message board chit chat, but the label are so far being tight-lipped about the tracks' provenance. Musically, all three (and differing CD single cut "GX1 Solo") are very much in the Aphex brain-dance mould, and very good too, so definitely worth your hard-earned.

12" - CAT190EP - £4.99

I heard a guy called Martin Tresseder is using the alias of Brian Tregaskin to publish something under The Tuss moniker. A friend of mine who is sleeping with a girl that is cousin of the neighbour of a guy who knows someone who works at Rephlex says this is a conspiracy, and the real guy behind The Tuss is a bloke called Tahnaiya Russell. Apparently he lives in a tunnel that used to be a bank in Elephant & Castle, Norway. The music he is producing is encoded Russian folk songs, so you must use a UPIC equipment connected to a Yamaha GX1 to decoded it back, and then you see the face of a beardy guy in the spectral analysis if you do it right.

I heard part of that in the internet, and for the rest I used my 10 years of watching X-Files logic to figure all out. Talk about me opening your eyes.

:teeth:

who is Martin Tresseder?

who is Tahnaiya Russell?

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD
its all getting boring now, just release the fuqing record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay i've had most of a beer and was calm enough to view this forum...

what amni said. honestly - i had patience with the TUSSle for a while, but after a couple weeks i was aimlessly flailing around for a meat cleaver to stab myself in the head with.

if this had started a week before release, died down a week after, i doubt i would have even gotten annoyed.

Archived