IGNORED

i care because you do

Fred McGriff

wow it does sound good at that speed.

the process is really simple. just import the digital file into audacity, effect>change speed>33 1/3rpm to 45rpm. I would upload it here but the file is too large.

still the best aphex twin album imo.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has anyone heard this version of Avid Acrid Jam, its amazing, its like a brand new song.

(is it possible for someone to rip this at this speed? would love to have it)

holy shiat. i need that.

the process is really simple. just import the digital file into audacity, effect>change speed>33 1/3rpm to 45rpm. I would upload it here but the file is too large.

hopefully that works

IT WORKED!

holy shit, new afx!! (it does sound a but goofy tho lol)

Guest kymppinetti

has anyone heard this version of Avid Acrid Jam, its amazing, its like a brand new song.

(is it possible for someone to rip this at this speed? would love to have it)

wow. i have the vinyl, but never thought of speeding it up. as you said, it's completely different song.

It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine...all the changing speed of tracks and putting it on youtube crap, not just AFX but other artists too. But hey that's kids version of being creative these days. That and the endless stream of amateur "remixes".

It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine...all the changing speed of tracks and putting it on youtube crap, not just AFX but other artists too. But hey that's kids version of being creative these days. That and the endless stream of amateur "remixes".

100% agree, speeding/slowing down music = valid enough to post publicly as if its an actual accomplishment rather than just a custom setting you listen to music privately at home on. Maybe im just too old to understand it, because its weird as fuck to me.

but on the other hand almost an entire 'genre' of music called vaporwave is comprised mostly of very amateur sample manipulators making poorly cut loops of digitally slowed downpop music, so yeah i dont know thats what happens when you get old, you just have a harder time understanding all this seemingly pointless shit

ventolin the coppice mix at 45 is 10/10

and marazanvose

The Ventolin remixes were his aesthetic peak for me. He's done awesome stuff before and since but that EP is just about the perfect mix of crunchy samples, fucked up 80s chords, fluffy synths, weird mixing, and psychedelic basslines. My faves were Crowsmengegus & Probus.

Guest bitroast

considering having a crack at recording it at 45, as opposed to changing the speed digitally. will have a look tonight.

100% agree, speeding/slowing down music = valid enough to post publicly as if its an actual accomplishment rather than just a custom setting you listen to music privately at home on. Maybe im just too old to understand it, because its weird as fuck to me.

but on the other hand almost an entire 'genre' of music called vaporwave is comprised mostly of very amateur sample manipulators making poorly cut loops of digitally slowed downpop music, so yeah i dont know thats what happens when you get old, you just have a harder time understanding all this seemingly pointless shit

Yep there's a lot less integrity of creating something original of one's own as well as just over all quality control. Those 'genres' you mentioned along with many others...literally take a bad mp3 of another producers work and chop it up, re-arrange, slow down, speed up and some other corny shit...then put their name on it and call it their own. :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MetalFaced

some vaporwave is utter shite, but some remixs are genuinely creative and interesting. i would shrug off the whole genre that quickly

Archived