IGNORED

The old days of IDM and Autechre...

kiya

Hello all.. this is my first post here.

Not sure if any of your recognize my name but i was one of the founding members of the electronic music list many years ago..

I was just going through my old emails trying to find something and i came across a slew of emails from the mid-90's...

I had totally forgotten about how i was served papers from Warp's lawyers regarding a website i had put up in 1997 with all the rare Autechre tracks.. then after a long battle i ended up releasing a 5 disc set to electronic music list members containing every non album/ep track from Autechre including the rarest stuff they ever did on vinyl.

I still physically own every single track they've ever done up today and love almost all their current output.

No real reason for my post other than to say it was weird that it was such a big deal to have a site up with rare Ae MP3s ten years ago, and now with file-sharing it's no big deal.

I've got some emails going back and forth between us and Warp and some fans that are classic because the argument is about whether or not music that is never to be released again should be available via download to fans that want to hear it..

hey come to slsk WATMM room for a chat

Would you believe me if i told you that i don't have SLSK and that i don't even own any MP3s?

I still buy every piece of music, and once i hear an mp3 i delete it and try and purchase the music in physical form.

And here i am looking at 40 emails going back and forth that are ten years old arguing the rights of me trying to distribute Ae's rare tracks from early on in their career..

Would you believe me if i told you that i don't have SLSK and that i don't even own any MP3s?

I still buy every piece of music, and once i hear an mp3 i delete it and try and purchase the music in physical form.

:beer: You are not alone

Guest Enter a new display name
of course i buy everything i like too. its just good to chat.

Except for Ted EP... :devil:

I still physically own every single track they've ever done up today and love almost all their current output.

How does Puch sound on vinyl?

It sounds ok.. not too great because they fit so many tracks on the vinyl that the sound level is really low for all the tracks on the compliation.

shit...if they had to compress the audio quality of the vinyl Puch then this MP3 i was listening to must be ultra-shite :shade:

It's listenable though. These tunes are so rare that people will take what they can get :smile:

Archived