IGNORED

Deep Sea Creatures

perunamuusi

i put off all my efforts for the Deep Sea Creatures tribute album until the last week before the submission deadline.

instead of completing and entering a track, i decorated my front room and got pissed all week and laid on the beach in the blazing sun, smoking some of the finest weed in the uk.

here is a bunch of (7) outtakes from my aborted dsc sessions stuck together in 20 second ish snippets

_dsc_outtakes_wav.mp3

and here is the rough start of another thing i begun on the night of the deadline but gave up on

_dsc_jungbit.mp3

the second clip in the first track and the fourth clip are fucking ace, havent listened to the second track but im betting its just as awesome, i think this would have worked as a track

i put off all my efforts for the Deep Sea Creatures tribute album until the last week before the submission deadline.

instead of completing and entering a track, i decorated my front room and got pissed all week and laid on the beach in the blazing sun, smoking some of the finest weed in the uk.

here is a bunch of (7) outtakes from my aborted dsc sessions stuck together in 20 second ish snippets

_dsc_outtakes_wav.mp3

and here is the rough start of another thing i begun on the night of the deadline but gave up on

_dsc_jungbit.mp3

Respect, getting pissed and lounging about is very deep sea creature-ish.

the second clip in the first track and the fourth clip are fucking ace, havent listened to the second track but im betting its just as awesome, i think this would have worked as a track

you do you know you are referring to the world's first beardstep track?

Guest AugmaticDisport
hey! all the bits in the outtakes deserve development and finishing imo. it's all quality.

Agreed.

That 4th one is rather lovely. Reminds me of early Múm.

I could totally see the strange and squishy creatures of the deep grooving to this, or pulsating, or whatever they do. Some very aphexy happy melodic bits. I do like those slides. I think you should finish all of these.

• 1 month later...
Guest Adjective

i listened before and i guess forgot to comment

i think the dsc outtakes track, if you just add some little transitions between the segments (like hybrids of the before/after melodies), would make an epic medley. still enjoyable as it is

the second one i was disappointed with the amen, but you edited it enough to keep me interested. around 1:00 - 1:20, sounds like a lost Hello Everything theme

very much digging the outtakes... #2 is fucking great! #4 is so interesting and engaging...

the jungle bit was alright. i think the piano was panned too far left... i'm also sleeping on amens at the moment.

would love to hear the outtakes in finished form. great work.

cheers,

eric

the "piano"(?) is in fact 1 pattern with just 2 simultaneous identical midi events on the 1st step

1 panned hard left and 1 hard right

the chords they produce are randomly generated within fixed parameters

whole thing was bashed out in about half an hour

i like the way that element turned out

problem is every time the song file is played or rendered the chord sequence is different

and i can't be arsed to sit down and work out which notes are being generated in order to maintain this particular arrangement (not taht it'd be too hard)

also i can't stand the horrendous midrange overload

so i'll probably let this one rot in a folder

will definitely finish the out takes though

i love the 2nd segment a lot

cheers chaps

Archived