IGNORED

Planet Mu - 200

Looks like a fantastic compilation, I've found the Mu Comps to always be of a high quality though, the Children of.. one last year was brilliant.

Doesn't sound too bad. U-Ziq stands out so much which is what I love about him. Yeah, this is quite nice. Melodic with a nice dose of cheese factor. Don't know if its grabbing me straight away but this is definitely territory we've heard from Mike many times before be it very solid tunage. Reminds me a little of Sonic this one with those lead synths lol.

• 1 month later...

Only listened to the Ceephax & Vibert tunes on there atm just spinning the disc now. The Ceephax tune is absolutely stomping, brilliant track

Its not their strongest comp but for less than 10 bucks or 5 euros its a steal. I don't understand why everyone likes the ziq track so much, I think its bland and weak and I'm a big Mike P fan. That Snares track does nothing for me either and I'm about as big a Snares fan as they come. Still there are enough interesting things going on over the two discs that I can easily recommend this.

I take it back. This is a very poor compilation. Too many of the tracks are similar. Theres this overuse of a certain soundeffect, and a lot of the tracks are of the same exact style which I don't know the name of and its driving me up the damn wall not being able to communicate what I dislike so much about this comp. There are only 2 tracks of any real significance for me, the Ceephax which is awesome, and more importantly the third track on the second disc, The Feeling by FFF. This track is so ass kickingly awesome I was floored when I heard it. It combines the stupidly silly sped up vocals of shitmat with christfucking superb Aphex level drum programming. Amazing track just fucking amazing. Its a blast from start to finish. Who is this FFF?

FFF is a fairly prominent Breakcore artist, seems to love those sped up Old Skool Breaks, Get the Clash of the Titans EP he did which is along the same kind of lines as The Feeling.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived