IGNORED

covering autechre tunes on the guitar

dls

Guest earlgrey

hmmm, i might have a go at covering some autechre on guitar and uploading it at some point. I've got a guitar, some multitracking software, and some free time, so I might as well..

Guest reyde_espana
hmmm, i might have a go at covering some autechre on guitar and uploading it at some point. I've got a guitar, some multitracking software, and some free time, so I might as well..

hurray!

i would love to figure out how to play Biblios remix of clark's TED

does anyone wanna hear my cover of Dael? the thing i'm afraid of is... will anyone like it because there's vocals in it but, there's vocals in ae's dael too. if you listen hard enough at the right part. what i hear is some kind of alien type voice saying...

you give it away, you get way, way down...

listen to it.

i'm covering Laughing Quarter too.

does anyone wanna hear my cover of Dael? the thing i'm afraid of is... will anyone like it because there's vocals in it but, there's vocals in ae's dael too. if you listen hard enough at the right part. what i hear is some kind of alien type voice saying...

you give it away, you get way, way down...

listen to it.

i'm covering Laughing Quarter too.

Yeah post it dude, and holy shit on Laughing Quarter, that's my fav Ae tune. You've got a lot to live up to!

Guest earlgrey
so this is bike???

haha

yeah.

I might attempt it properly some day, for now though - for some reason - I just couldn't resist setting a couple of lines of Pink Floyd's "Bike" to a shoddy guitar rendition of the main melodic theme from AE's "Bike" ...

hoho, the hilarity.

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD
chiastic

slide

guitar.

Best idea ever

i think sini punned that once before

well if so it's a leibnitz/newton situation because i never read his posts

Guest mrgypsum
:laughing:

this is the first time i've attempted to do any recording in about four years. took a couple of hours of fucking round for these 43 seconds.

(p.s. i hope you like syd barrett)

:laughing:

earlgrey__s_syd_AE_tribute_sample.mp3

not too shabby at all, good stuff. im not the greatest guitarist ever but that was pretty good.

I wonder if a band could actually put together something that sounded just like an ae track. obviously it wont sound exactly like it, but it could be produced in such a way to recreate the original using tradition instruments. I think that would really be interesting.

Guest earlgrey
I wonder if a band could actually put together something that sounded just like an ae track. obviously it wont sound exactly like it, but it could be produced in such a way to recreate the original using tradition instruments. I think that would really be interesting.

hmm, yeah, that would definitely be worth hearing. Would need a pretty phenomenal (and maybe slightly malfunctioning!? :wink2: ) drummer! Many of their chord sequences sound very strange to me as well, I chose to start with Bike because it's unusually straightforward and in 4/4!

(if anyone's interested, the chords i used for Bike were Dm / F / Am / C / Dm / Am played as barre chords. [the first Am at the fifth fret and the second at the twelfth fret.] If I was playing an acoustic instead of electric I would have played them as open chords. I flavoured the F with a brief Fsus4, and the lead guitar is in the key of D minor and starts with an A.)

Archived