Things that are IDM as Fuck

Guest analogue wings

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abusivegeorge

Dazzle Camouflage

razzledazzle.jpg

Looks like some migraine aura from a distance.

How the fuck is that camourflage?

If I saw a giant fucking humbug/blackjack/Zebra, floating around it'd shit me the fuck up I'd attack it anyway.

Guest WhoNeedsElectricity

Dazzle Camouflage

razzledazzle.jpg

If I saw a giant fucking humbug/blackjack/Zebra, floating around it'd shit me the fuck up I'd attack it anyway.

It's from WWI and was designed specifically to confuse the primitive detection systems of the time, not to make the boat less visible to the naked eye. Apparently it really fucked with whatever systems they used back then to gauge the distance of enemy ships.

Guest abusivegeorge

Dazzle Camouflage

razzledazzle.jpg

It's from WWI and was designed specifically to confuse the primitive detection systems of the time, not to make the boat less visible to the naked eye. Apparently it really fucked with whatever systems they used back then to gauge the distance of enemy ships.

lol yeah I can see it now, thanks mate.

Thats fucking ezxcellent lol.

Guest ezkerraldean

Human conception and all that lead to it is pretty idm.

nah that's ambient not idm

Maybe the way you do it.

haha lol

masturbation machines are pretty idm though

adrian belew's guitar abuse solo on talking heads' 'born under punches'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUZ660Tcwa4

starts at about 2:40ish, lasts a little longer than 30 seconds, and is the most IDM guitar solo ever recorded.

it says more to me than the entire recorded works of joe satriani.

the entire song is incredible, and extremely IDM.

also, this live version is fucking excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVIKF03KkVM

fuck me, that bass solo at the end... as far as i know bernie worrell doesn't play bass, so surely some other member of the mothership connection?

Guest analogue wings

OK I think we might have a new champ here...

Accorsing to a report in none other than the New York Times...

distinguished, legit physicists have theorised that...

you might want to be sitting down for this one...

THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDER WAS BROKEN BY HIGGS BOSONS WHICH TRAVELLED BACK IN TIME TO PREVENT THEIR OWN CREATION

A pair of otherwise distinguished physicists have suggested that the hypothesized Higgs boson, which physicists hope to produce with the collider, might be so abhorrent to nature that its creation would ripple backward through time and stop the collider before it could make one, like a time traveler who goes back in time to kill his grandfather.

Holger Bech Nielsen, of the Niels Bohr Institute in Copenhagen, and Masao Ninomiya of the Yukawa Institute for Theoretical Physics in Kyoto, Japan, put this idea forward in a series of papers with titles like “Test of Effect From Future in Large Hadron Collider: a Proposal” and “Search for Future Influence From LHC,” posted on the physics Web site arXiv.org in the last year and a half.

According to the so-called Standard Model that rules almost all physics, the Higgs is responsible for imbuing other elementary particles with mass.

“It must be our prediction that all Higgs producing machines shall have bad luck,” Dr. Nielsen said in an e-mail message. In an unpublished essay, Dr. Nielson said of the theory, “Well, one could even almost say that we have a model for God.” It is their guess, he went on, “that He rather hates Higgs particles, and attempts to avoid them.”

This malign influence from the future, they argue, could explain why the United States Superconducting Supercollider, also designed to find the Higgs, was canceled in 1993 after billions of dollars had already been spent, an event so unlikely that Dr. Nielsen calls it an “anti-miracle.”

• 2 weeks later...

Archived