Guest analogue wings

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Masonic Boom

what the hell is cthulu

BAN!!!!!

Michio Kaku is IDM as fuck. <3 <3 <3

Balalaikas are not the slightest bit IDM. Though They're pretty darn cool when used in Turkish prog and the like.

Guest Masonic Boom

These are IDM as fuck on every level - they even make cool weird minimal glitch music as they scan you...

mri-scanner.jpg

Though the ones where the inject you with radioactive gunk are the best of all, because then you walk around setting off geiger counters for the rest of the day!

what the hell is cthulu

it's a fictional character that people routinely become obsessed with. as to why, i have no idea.

Kaku is indeed the man, though.

Guest Masonic Boom

Cthulhu was a recurring character within the SciFi/horror short stories of cult author H.P. Lovecraft. Cthulhu was one of the "Great Old Ones", occult beings of extraterrestrial origin, who was supposed to inspire horror, nameless dread and general terror while feasting on the souls of humans. Supposedly Cthulhu had the ability to manifest itself inside the dreams of artists, clairvoyants and other sensitive types, inspiring horror, madness and even death.

Lovecraft's work and the entire Cthulhu mythos has been repeatedly referenced in other science fiction works, especially videogames and films such as Batman, often with a slightly tongue in cheek or dark comedy tone to them.

Now *WHY* such a creature would appeal as a sort of patron deity to people interested in styles of music (such as IDM, Industrial, Psychedelia, Noize and other things that seem to get discussed here) that often have themes of sci-fi, horror, madness, dream like states, occult technology, videogames, etc. or have anthems with repeated refrains about soul-eating - ooh, that I can't possibly imagine.

Guest Masonic Boom

Looks like something out of Omni Magazine.

ggaaaahhhh Omni Magazine was IDM as fuck. I wouldn't be the person I am today without it.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

blade_runner_tribute_070408.jpg

This looks rendered and the link says something about blade runner but I certainly don't remember there being CGI that good in that film

BAN!!

pyramid.jpeg

blade_runner_tribute_070408.jpg

This looks rendered and the link says something about blade runner but I certainly don't remember there being CGI that good in that film

lol??? ever heard of concept art? it's painted.

hahahahaha

image04.gif

Resonance hybrid. :braindance:

some shit to do with benzene rings and partial or total bond saturation, is that how chemists describe it?

GEOLOGY

Sort of. A benzene ring structure is constantly resonating between the two structures with alternating double bonds. As such, each bond in the benzene ring is an intermediate between a single and a double bond. Due to the way electrons work in the ring structure, the single and double bonds both exist and do not exist at the same time. Pretty fucking IDM, that. :braindance:

Archived