IGNORED

Ipacial Section

Salvatorin

When I first got Untilted, this track sounded so horribly repetitive...and I couldn't even find any reason to listen to it.

Now I listened to it with a better soundsystem....and it was revealed to me how completely awesome this track is. Most definitely at 5:30 or so, this repeating sound comes in, and it changes, carrying a beautiful major key melody, contrasted to that weird, but still intriguing instrument around 3:21.

The track as a whole is kind of deceptive, because of the light melodies that float around, while the stuttering percussion and plucking sounds are hard at work.

Thoughts on this track?

This track warrants a piece by piece review really. It is similar in philosophy to Augmatic Disport in that it starts crazy and and the end mellows down to a sweet slow beat.

Guest Caustic

fuck yes, one of my favourite tracks.

the rubbery hammering straight from the start keeps you hooked until it brings in those Looney tunes-style rapid wooden sounds for 3 minutes of madness. Then it fades into a wonky metallic jam that trips over itself and warps into nightmarish ambient clicks, then eases itself out into pure robo hop for the final section.

10 fantastic minutes.

the rubbery hammering straight from the start keeps you hooked until it brings in those Looney tunes-style rapid wooden sounds for 3 minutes of madness. Then it fades into a wonky metallic jam that trips over itself and warps into nightmarish ambient clicks, then eases itself out into pure robo hop for the final section.

10 fantastic minutes.

lol yr officially an Ae fanboi now lol

Guest Caustic

i reviewed the shit out of that track brah.

+ i've always wanted to post something longer than 2 sentences.

now if only i'd included a photoshop, i would've covered all bases.

I was listening to Untilted in the dark yesterday, and during this track, when I realized how interesting the melodies were (hidden beneath the mania), it was truly an epiphany. Untilted is so vastly different from Draft, Confield, and LP5, its truly odd. It makes me wonder what we have in store for us with Quaristice...

but now as I think of it, I think Untilted shares something with Tri Repetae...not sure what though...

Edited by Salvatorin

but now as I think of it, I think Untilted shares something with Tri Repetae...not sure what though...

Maybe because of how tight and kinda metallic it sounds.

I love this track, the one that took me longest to appreciate I think.

Guest Enter a new display name
Untilted is so vastly different from Draft, Confield, and LP5, its truly odd.

Yeah, I have always found Untilted totally disautechreful. The tracks sound like comedy electronic music or something. I feel like Autechre tried to be a bit funny on this one, I don't know.

Untilted is so vastly different from Draft, Confield, and LP5, its truly odd.

Yeah, I have always found Untilted totally disautechreful. The tracks sound like comedy electronic music or something. I feel like Autechre tried to be a bit funny on this one, I don't know.

This album is a little funny sometimes, just because the development is so strange, like in Sublimit, you have no idea where the track is going, and each piece just comes and you are left to be like: wtf?

• 4 weeks later...

Untilted is Autechre's best release actually.

And yes Ipacial Section is indeed a brilliant song.

In fact I am going to list some of my favorite moments below:

0:10 - 0: 12 - that funny little beat change is just so bizzare and out of place.

2:19- drone sound begins to fade in

3:21 - melody starts

5:23 - meltdown of decay

7:14- bassy tones start

8:09 - vomity sounds

Guest Goum Le Chat

I needed more time to like Augmatic Disport.

Ipacial Section is a great song. From 5:23 it brings powerfull emotions for me. One of my favorite Untilted track.

btw, the begining of Fermium remember me Leterel. Am I the only one?

Edited by Goum Le Chat

Guest Enter a new display name
Lately Pro Radii has been pure sex to my ears

I've been listening to it like EVERYWHERE

I even played it on my radio show

Did people throw tomatoes at you?

Lately Pro Radii has been pure sex to my ears

I've been listening to it like EVERYWHERE

I even played it on my radio show

Did people throw tomatoes at you?

No but I think I caused a car accident

• 4 months later...

Posting really late, but hey, this came on and i froze what I was doing because i realized how good it was. I thought "I wonder if anyone on WATMM thought it was this good too." Ta-dah. It is this good. The first three and a half minutes are pre genius. It's just Autechre laying down the beat in the most unstoppable way. It's loud, fast, and insane. Perfect.

10 fantastic minutes.

It does sound similar to a Looney tune, well put :laughing: Very good though, love the second melody a bit more though, the one that comes up around 5:43, it's like you're making it up yourself, like it's not really there. Stuff you sometimes have with tracks when this is really the case.

Guest jubes
Ive been jamming it to Pro Radii on my mp3 player lately.

im proud of you caustic, over the last week you have shown great improvement !! don't give up i love you call me

Guest jubes

love impartial spacial section, the second sectoin of the track makes you think about the hip hop scratching influences

love to hear a remix of that track with scratching sounds

Guest Caustic
Ive been jamming it to Pro Radii on my mp3 player lately.

im proud of you caustic, over the last week you have shown great improvement !! don't give up i love you call me