IGNORED

Why AFX is better than AE

Guest Frequency

i was going to post this thread.

answer?

I like RDJ's penchant for melody, combined with cohesive beats (or none) that emotionally effect me. AE is good and all but I have to be in the mood. RDJ is good at all times it seems like. There is something for every mood. Now i'm sure the die hard AE fans will say the same thing, and so be it, but this is my personal preference. I'm sure RDJ would agree with me.

Guest tht! tne

an argument could be made in favor of afx for his sheer variety of styles

autechre though progressive have generally followed an even trajectory throughout their releases

building upon the innovations of each previous record to reach the heights described in the new record

afx has touched upon acid, ambient, drillnbass, electronic music, modern classical, noise, more that i'm forgetting

autechre kind of tie all those in together but they just don't seem to vary as widely as afx stylistically

afx imprints a clearly discernible personality on most of his records

examples would be selected ambient works vol. ii and drukqs, and even i care because you do

by personality i mean recurring motifs and themes in his music that bind the collections together

autechre are generally admitted to having a cold, austere, or clinical manner in their productions

afx tends to broader palettes, frequently eschewing minimalism, entropy, and endemism except to imprint a work with a differentiable signature

even such a simple example as the "aphex twin, i care because you do" lyric on "cow cud is a twin"

ties together that record in a postmodern self-referentiality rarely glimpsed in autechre's oeuvre

afx is possibly more influential than autechre

even gescom, a project at least loosely related to autechre, delved into acid in the wake of analord

autechre themselves approached drillnbass with "acroyear2" from lp5, a couple years after hangable auto bulb

while autechre's innovations may be more notably copycatted--by artists from richard devine to radiohead--afx continues to enjoy a higher commercial success

Guest Enter a new display name

autechre though progressive have generally followed an even trajectory throughout their releases

building upon the innovations of each previous record to reach the heights described in the new record

afx has touched upon acid, ambient, drillnbass, electronic music, modern classical, noise, more that i'm forgetting

autechre kind of tie all those in together but they just don't seem to vary as widely as afx stylistically

Autechre has also made music under various styles, like Ambient, electronic music, Downtempo, Glitch, Abstract, Experimental, Leftfield, Techno, Noise... Best argument ever!

Guest tht! tne

Autechre has also made music under various styles, like Ambient, electronic music, Downtempo, Glitch, Abstract, Experimental, Leftfield, Techno, Noise... Best argument ever!

all right then maybe i was wrong or unable to explain exactly what i was thinking

i don't really recognize as many genres as you quoted in autechre's styles though

Guest Enter a new display name
there is no point comparing aphex twin to any musical entity that is clearly inferior

I disagree there.

Guest hahathhat
bcause AFX is the best & AE is the worse... therefore AFX is better than AE... oh why? why? bcause AFX is a one & only & AE is a band of 2 characters, AFX is a genius & AE r the clowns... :angry:

then yes AFX is better than AE :beer:

TAUTOLOGY.

bcause AFX is the best & AE is the worse... therefore AFX is better than AE... oh why? why? bcause AFX is a one & only & AE is a band of 2 characters, AFX is a genius & AE r the clowns... :angry:

then yes AFX is better than AE :beer:

TAUTOLOGY.

yes

a3b8a2e272d3ca9de37be386ce5b1044.png

A is aphex twin

B is AE

A and B; or not-A; or not-B --> A > B

there is no point comparing aphex twin to any musical entity that is clearly inferior

I disagree there.

you're probably right. it is fun to compare aphex twin to musical entities that are clearly inferior, so i guess there is a point in going through with such exercises

Archived