IGNORED

Quaristice 2nd disc review

Guest dangulberry

Guest dangulberry

I've only listened through twice, but it's what I expected, I guess: a collection of jams, far looser than the concise 'proper' album. It gives you an insight into the editing that went into the final version. Lots of overlap between tracks (especially the 2nd half of chenc9 and perlence) which is testament to the liveness of this album. Highlights for me are Plyphon, which has another beaty section in it than the original; Sonde re ix (whatever) is great, a familiar but different set of sounds; Fol4 is 11mins long, and I might prefer this version to the album one - looser though, less obvious structure - was played during the 11 hr session recently; 90101-60-blah blah is great - completely different to the album version, 4 on the floor beats, less hard, no acid line in sight; Nofour is 'nice' - a good ending to the album. On the whole, I see this as interesting but not as satisfying as a whole as the album proper (it's not meant to be, I know). What I'm left with is a sense of how they put the album together, and it's fairly impressive how well they've arranged the tracks in the final version (the original perlence begins with the synth line that the earlier (I presume) version ends with. The performance gets to that synth line and fades away.) You can really see how they gave the tracks a more cohesive structure.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck me, I'm well excited now. Excited about Quaristice one month and the Quaristice again the month after!? I'm in nerd fuckin' heaven.

Guest silver

listened 4 times... and it's bloody good. Sounds more like a new ae album than the normal edition, due to the longer tracks. It's got that weird ae feeling in bucketloads. Definate warehouse atmosphere too. I'm happy.

Guest dangulberry
Oops, my CDs have been put in the wrong cases so I've heard the 2nd disc 1st. Ooh what witty japes !

Bummer, mine too, but I already had heard the proper album so I knew straight away. Yeah - bit of a rushed job on warp's part.

Guest derekgray
Oops, my CDs have been put in the wrong cases so I've heard the 2nd disc 1st. Ooh what witty japes !

Bummer, mine too, but I already had heard the proper album so I knew straight away. Yeah - bit of a rushed job on warp's part.

They should have pulled something like releasing each disc as the same 'Quaristice' in stores so everyone got confused.

The second disk is what the standard version should have been. These versions are much better... especially Phylopn.

Guest derekgray

I just... um... llllllegally obtained a copy of this second disc, but all my files are named wrong. Horribly wrong. The IO version is named Phylopn, for one.

i like perlence on the second disc more than the 1st... both are amazing tracks though! go ae... you da mens!

btw... the beat of perlence reminds me of rosa parks by outkast... that wood sounding beat!

So what is going to come from this? Can we be satisfied with listening to the Quaristice versions without the extended jams? I think I'm definitely able to consider the two parts as different entities. Anyway, the bonus disk is more for the individual tracks, while the album is more for the flow, in my opinion.

About the wrong tracks names, just look on discogs, and compare the tracks lenghts, it should help you...

(

About the wrong tracks names, just look on discogs, and compare the tracks lenghts, it should help you...

(

Guest dangulberry

The tracks are named wrong on the 2nd disc. They've typed in 'range 3' as a separate track, and got rid of Altychre. So the track names start being right again at Tankakren. The FLAC rip on piratebay has the same problem as the CD. At least it proves authenticity ;)

I will, its just a bit of a pain in the ass having to wait for a 350Mb file to download, then go to the bother of compressing it. I was kinda waiting for an mp3 to materialise but it aint happening so i'll get the flac.

Guest dangulberry
I will, its just a bit of a pain in the ass having to wait for a 350Mb file to download, then go to the bother of compressing it. I was kinda waiting for an mp3 to materialise but it aint happening so i'll get the flac.

you're in a better position, being able to convert CD quality files to any bitrate mp3 your player can handle. But yeah, the upload on that FLAC was choked all night, but it's "out there" now.

The dream is finally a reality.

dsc00280mb6.jpg

What does it say on disc 2? Quaristice (Version)?

Good music, its like going through the deleted scenes. The end of IO (mons) has to be the weirdest shit I've heard from them in many a year.

Archived