IGNORED

Quaristice 2nd disc review

Guest dangulberry

The dream is finally a reality.

dsc00280mb6.jpg

What does it say on disc 2? Quaristice (Version)?

Good music, its like going through the deleted scenes. The end of IO (mons) has to be the weirdest shit I've heard from them in many a year.

omg, i've got the exact same mp3 player!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

been listening to the FLACs while i'm waiting for my copy to arrive. good gear, loving fol4 especially. i definitely think autechre tracks benefit from having longer duration. still love the regular issue, but i can see myself blasting the special edition a bit more.

Guest burnibus
i would kill for these tracks. I can't find them anywhere.

if someone would email me a mediafire link or something I would be very grateful

maxbfrex@yahoo.com

dont have any direct links but pirate bay hacve flacs and mine was done in less than 1 hour.

Tankraken...Fol4...these tracks were insanely mind bending. Tankraken is perfect, that hypnotizing beat is worth extending to 10 minutes.

i havent found the new Tankraken to be that different from the original? am i not listening closely enough? the only new part i hear is aslightl reprogramming of certain beat passages and a whistling bird like sound dubbed over the top.

i havent found the new Tankraken to be that different from the original? am i not listening closely enough? the only new part i hear is aslightl reprogramming of certain beat passages and a whistling bird like sound dubbed over the top.

oh yeah, its not different, but its longer and I quite like hearing it for an elongated amount of time.

Guest Chogg

Hmm... some of them don't sound too special. Even the album version of Tankakern gets old after three minutes. Ditto with fol3. Would kill for those long versions of IO and Perlence, though.

Why is no one sharing these on slsk yet?

oh yeah, its not different, but its longer and I quite like hearing it for an elongated amount of time.

it is longer? i didnt notice that, ill go back and listen

I also am loving the longer section of ambience in that lovely melody of Chenc9's....but I'm not so sure about the 'x' tagged on to chenc9....I did not enjoy that whole business at the end.

I also am loving the longer section of ambience in that lovely melody of Chenc9's....but I'm not so sure about the 'x' tagged on to chenc9....I did not enjoy that whole business at the end.

yeah i think Chenc9x was kind of a WTF moment for me, the ending is possibly the most masturbatory AE work ever besides perhaps the tracks on the last Gescom EP. They literally recycle the lead melody from perlence in a very real-time fashion.

The extended version of IO is a highlight. Listening to this brings me back to the day Confield hit me right in the face. Yeah this is THAT shit.

They manage to turn the outro to the PLC into something worth listening to as well (in my opinion the original was a smallll bit lacking).

This is a huge morphing android machine that I can learn to love. I loved Quaristice before, but I have to admit I was feeling a small amount let down by the short track lengths and the lack of long passages of minimal "crystallization" which always make me crazy as shit.

Some people are saying that this is "interesting" or that it expands upon the original, but I think this might as well BE the original. Fascinating, beautiful. And Tankraken definitely is better than the original. The beat actually changes up, and shit gets all psycho in the middle which is great.

Guest Rogueofmv

Just SLSK'd disc 2, listening tonight, review of the whole kit and caboodle (including disc 1) tomorrow.

Archived