IGNORED

Wisp - The Shimmering Hour

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tibbar
rephlex: i can has teh wisp remix eps? cylobs and bogdans and teh tusses? and a cheezburger?

fixt

nice fix 8)

i was thinking afx and wisp should put out a split where each one is remixing a track of the other..... shit man, this wisp stuff is next level , come on you cunts

Guest Barricade

Fucking hell, I've caught myself listening to this album non-stop now. I don't care if it's cheesy sounding or not. I love those cute little melodies and lush synths. This is such honest music made with passion.

Guest JohnTqs
breakcore = 90% dumb "offensive" titles about vaginas.

lol

90% of my vagina is breaking

Guest tibbar
breakcore = 90% dumb "offensive" titles about vaginas.

lol

90% of my vagina is breaking

a doctor's visit may be in order.

Guest Barricade
What's more, whoever mastered this disc and however Robert Moses drops his shit all deserve a standing ovation; this album sounds good even in my blown out factory '99 Blazer door panel 5.25"s. This is an achievement.

The mastering of this album is great, except for Teddy Oggie. It's a little panned to the left speaker (has been mentioned before by someone somewhere in this gigantic thread) and it has some noise (tape?), but this could be intentional. The rest is pretty damn crisp, everything sounds very spatious (even the drums!).

What's more, whoever mastered this disc and however Robert Moses drops his shit all deserve a standing ovation; this album sounds good even in my blown out factory '99 Blazer door panel 5.25"s. This is an achievement.

Forget the guy's name but he mastered for Led Zeppelin in the 70s (among other well known acts) and does a lot of Rephlex and Aphex releases.

I've been listening to this album so much. Still waiting to be able to order vinyl in the states.

:heart:

this is sitting on my shelf, and has been for about a month, zole. i haven't taken it out of the shrinkwrap yet! i was originally waiting for the 'wisp listening party' but that might not happen, dunno. i would like to hear this, but i've not been in an idm mood lately!

edit: zole i finally listened to it. holy crap! the sound design in this album is superb.

Just biked in to say that Reid's music has been an upward curve since I first heard him on the mp3 circuit; "Hour" is something of a pinnacle work. I try to avoid being overly bumlicky because it doesn't usually do either party any good but in this case, a "Huzzah" is in order.

yeah the person rephlex uses to master their shit is pretty damn good, i noted when the Confederation Trough came out that whoever mastered those tracks VS how they sounded in that breezeblock set did a pretty damn good job.

props to shimmering hour, is a great album to listen to on long drives

Out on vinyl this week, picked it up today. Just a plain black sleeve, no artwork. The pressing seems to be decent quality though.

Hmm that's kind of lame, though I'm not a fan of the artwork anyway (sorry to whoever did it here, just not my thing!). I trust the Katabatic EP tracks aren't included?

Archived