IGNORED

Metropolis (1927) Soundtrack

Squee

Hmmm, I propose that we either just wrap it up and the final thing will have some missing scenes (like the original) or those who are interested in fixing up more scenes raise their hands.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made two tracks for two separate scenes and started on a third when I thought it was going to be needed. I really enjoyed making my tracks and will probably make my own version of the film just for fun without the time restrictions that Squee and I imposed on some. I had so much fun making my tracks, I am so surprised that more people are all over this.

Trivia: There was talk between Jeff Mills and Jean Michel Jarre about doing a modern rework of the Metropolis soundtrack but it never happend and Mills' did the album solo although I've still never tried playing it alongside the film yet.

Anyhowz a very interesting forum collabration concept here, I hope something becomes of it.

• 3 weeks later...

We did this version back in 2005, utilises the creme de la soul de creme of electronicker. Few of our bits in there too. We played this out, DJ style, at the Big Chill in 2005 and an arthouse cinema in Norwich. Hope you like. Hope the link stays up...

:santa:

http://www.vuze.com/details/K6XCPVPP6C5AGD...D5INXCVG6V.html

ps Took us 6 months on and off, from starting it to performing it live. Don't give up!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Keep Going Guys

you nearly did it

just collect all the done stuff into one place and release it

it doesn't matter if there are scenes missing - its not the plot, its the visuals that matter

Keep Going Guys

you nearly did it

just collect all the done stuff into one place and release it

it doesn't matter if there are scenes missing - its not the plot, its the visuals that matter

Archived