IGNORED

New BOC Album Announcement Soon!

Joyrex

Why goet so worked up over a fucking band's next release? You lot take yourselves waaaay too seriously. They're just two guys who happen to make good music we like - it's not the end of the world.

Quite. For fuck's sake, an April Fool's joke about a record being released that actually doesn't exist (which he quickly admitted despite some initial prevarication) is surely not the most tasteless that anybody'll ever come up with?

The only thing that I find unforgiveable about this is Joyrex's typo.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How could you Joyrex!?

You know for sure that BOC are larger than life for a lot of people here and this is just as sad and it can really ruin a day for a lot of people.

Shameless coming from the moderator himself and taking the joke even further with "I know... bad timing for sure, but trust me on this!"

Its just a tasteless joke.

This ruined my day and all my respect for joyrex.

po-faced much?

many excellent lulz in this thread - the BoC subform is the best.

Think you've got a little something on your nose there Hex-Son.

This was lame.. not the joke itself but insisting that it wasn't a joke while being called on it...weak.

lol noob

Guest Opoth

I think just about everyone is an idiot in this situation, between the naive fanboys who want to believe anything to the jaded cooler than thou people laughing at the reactions to a subpar April Fools joke. Considering that BoC related hoaxes are a year-round April Fools joke in and of themselves, it's pretty lame to come up with a new halfassed hoax ON April Fools day.

this is a legendary thread, showcasing joyrex's ability to be awesome every now and then, the boc forum crybaby's propensity for shedding angry, frustrated tears, and skytree, acting like a bitch from beyond the grave.

great thread, great thread, great FUCKING thread.

lol

Guest audiotrack

ok so we can all laugh now but the way i see it is that Rex would never be privy to

concrete information anyway. he isnt really a source at all.

since he gave them reason not to trust him they have closed the door on him.

only mdg posts reliable stuff on here..

so ok its a classic april fool but i cant help thinking that its been put together by

someone who is bitter about the fact that they got no chance of inside info like

mdg has.

stick to root admin

ok so we can all laugh now but the way i see it is that Rex would never be privy to

so ok its a classic april fool but i cant help thinking that its been put together by

someone who is bitter about the fact that they got no chance of inside info like

mdg has.

stick to root admin

lol

maybe if joyrex posted it in reverse we'd get the actual name and date of release. then who would be laughing

Guest synthisist

Hahaha.... don't get me wrong, I was excited purely due to the fact that I love boards of canada, but it was a damn good april fool's joke indeed. After all the initial excitement wishing it was true, I can now sit back and truly get a good laugh at all this.

Damn, maybe I do get a little too fucking uptight about "Boards" releases.

Anyway, good day everyone.

mdg has.

stick to root admin

:laughing:

Chotchkey Dreamcicle

mdg has.

stick to root admin

You're pretty good at talking about of your ass - mdg IS my contact at HexSun; if you had been around for any measure of time you would know that. Fail at trying to wind me up as well. No bitterness at HexSun/BoC at all - and why would I have any in the first place?

Guest synthisist
boclensflare.jpg

New album? Tracklisting please, etc.

The handwriting looks mad BoC style, explain where you got it from please?

Guest synthisist
1. infinite corndog

2. ultraviolet lightnings

4. wilderness stalemate

5. hidden magenta

6. newfoundland turnpike deli

6. acorn stool

When does it come out.... stop avoiding the obvious questions.

(i lol'd at acorn stool)

Archived