IGNORED

Ventolin Remixes

Guest AOOproductions

Guest AOOproductions

Have not heard them, are they classic AFX remixes in that they sound nothing like the original or not? And are they... well any good, or just fuckery?

they're completely new songs with no relation to ventolin apart from one "proper" remix (the wheeze mix if i remember correctly). most of 'em are good, even what i would consider classics like the coppice mix and crowsmengegus mix

Guest Needlenose

salbutomol, asthma beats, and wheeze are all real remixes the rest are unrelated but kick ass

Guest AOOproductions

nice so I should get this if I am a huge fan of Early hardcore RDJ releases like Digeridoo and Xylem... I love Flaphead and Dodecehedron

Guest Kenneth172
they all wail very hard. keep in mind there are also remixes by cylob and luke vibert which is cool. there is even a sister track to cow cud is a twin.

sister tracks!

friggin awesome release

sister tracks? What about brother tracks or uncle tracks? Fuck it, Granmaaa tracks.

The Ventolin EPs are really good. there are some real classics there, from the twisted distortion of "Wheeze Mix", to the harmony of "Probus Mix".

"Marazanvose Mix" sounds like it could've been by Caustic Window, while "Carharrack Mix" is a painful, claustrophobic melody over hard, scattered beats. It sometimes has the same feel of the KTPA tracks, but it's so much easier to listen to. It's like being in a city during a nuclear war.

"Crowsmengegus Mix" comes in three parts, a clanging, robotic harmony, followed by a pleasant walk in a Cornish city. "Praze-An-Beeble Mix", one of my favourite tracks ever, has some of the best sounds in the world. It can some across as a parody of Drukqs.

And to top it off, there are some bloody good remixes by Luke Vibert and Chris Jeffs.

nice so I should get this if I am a huge fan of Early hardcore RDJ releases like Digeridoo and Xylem... I love Flaphead and Dodecehedron

maybe. but it's more of a companion to i care because you do. more melodic and shit

Guest NitrousMcBread

Get the vinyl. You can change the speed. Plus as an added bonus Richard smeared phlegm from his left lung on the run-out grooves after it had been felched out from inside him by The Gentle People using a length of Lena Zavaroni's fossilised intestines.

yea, the Wheeze mix is pretty bangin. This is a good release. I like it.

I really don't like the cylob mix though.

Sorry.

I tried.

Guest AOOproductions

So many remixes... I just ordered it from Amazon, hereing it's a companion piece to ICBYD but also a more Caustic sounding RDJ is always good!

Guest Caustic

Crowsmengegus is my favourite.

The first minute and a half are rubbish but the bouncy bit is lovely.

ooh fuck off!!! the 1st part is the best!

lol at your avatar :laughing:

Yeah, I like this one the best too. The second half reminds of the Japanese edit of Windowlicker, I have no idea why.

I like the Vibert remix too.

but if youre a kid you'll probably disagree

or think it's a drukqs parody

It wasn't INTENDED as a drukQs parody, obviously, but if you think about Praze-an-beeble that way, it's quite funny.

And take this into account:

The mean average length of the tracks on Drukqs = 3:21

Length of "Praze-An-Beeble Mix" = 3:21

Guest bitroast

the second half of the song seems to go hand in hand with the unreleased tracks he played for the peel session. at least it has the same sound as far as i can tell.

i dunno if i could call this EP my favourite, considering how short and sketchy the songs sound, but it is an enjoyable listen ^^

i can't imagine talking it up can do any good for someone listening to it for the first time, but oh wellz.

Archived