IGNORED

How do you pronounce autechre songs?

thehauntingsoul

Guest Enter a new display name
tewe- two

I read somewhere it was "officially pronounced" teh-vuh, since it is a real german word.

Guest Blyz Castl

Blyz Castl-Blaiz Castle

IO (mons)-Ai O Mons

SonDEre-ix-Son D irex

Fol4-Fall 4

Chenc9-Chence 9

Phylopn-Failopin

tewe- two

I read somewhere it was "officially pronounced" teh-vuh, since it is a real german word.

I'm German but couldn't think of which word that would be...?

It wouldn't be the first time they've done it after all, Quaristice and the Versions do have some German-esque looking titles... Sonderemawe - Sonder = Extra,Special; Tankraken - Kraken = Octopus (more feed for fish-conspiracy) ... probably terribly over-interpreted. Still, it's how I pronounce these two.

Has anyone actually ever mentioned the Bad Vilbel-thing?

www.bad-vilbel.de

Tewe is a German optical company that develop products for film cameras. So is Zeiss funnily enough so I'd say it's intentional.

Blyz Castl-Blaiz Castle

IO (mons)-Ai O Mons

SonDEre-ix-Son D irex

Fol4-Fall 4

Chenc9-Chence 9

Phylopn-Failopin

that is most obscene for i would be sure that the letter 'Y' does not create an 'A' sound. Personally for your list i would say:

Blyz Castl - Blizz Castle

IO is definitively pronounced I O and no EEO or anything else, its named after one of jupiter's moons, pronounced I O. Evidence for this is the (mons) part, as mons is the terminology used to name mountains on other planets/moons.

SonDEre-ix is debatable, although i dont really see how the I can come before the R in pronunciation. Personally, i say Sunday Re Ix

Fol4 - exactly how its spelt, Fol 4, rhymes with mole 4

Chenc9, Chenk9, because if it was supposed to be pronounced Chence, they would have added an extra E.

Phylopin - Again why Fail? there is no A in the title, it should be Fieloppin.

Sorry to completely tear your list apart but i had to incorporate proper grammer and pronunciation rules and every track you listed violated those.

Guest maldoror

it's weird, but autechre is the only band i listen to that i couldn't tell you the titles of 3/4ths their songs... they all just seem like throwaway names, i tend to think of them in terms of colors and elements and "oh yeah, this is that song with the one bit in the middle where it goes bwauagjajgzzzcccczz..."

Guest dwarde
piezo - pee-ay-zo ( i also dunno why )

and

notwo = not-woah

notwotwo = not-woah-two

notwo = no two / no 2

Is what I thought, since the other one is called nofour (no 4)

Archived