IGNORED

Can anyone identify this track for me?

dr lopez

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

Sounds like something by Victor Gama, maybe an edit of 'A guerra dos homens repteis' from Pangeia instrumentos (released on rephlex).

He makes awesome music, highly reccomended

Guest exper
Sounds like something by Victor Gama, maybe an edit of 'A guerra dos homens repteis' from Pangeia instrumentos (released on rephlex).

Also sounds like Richard Crandell. He does really nice multi-layered mbira pieces.

Also sounds like Richard Crandell. He does really nice multi-layered mbira pieces.

I'm going to check his album out asap, thanks

it is beautiful

Indeed, and it doesn't really sound like Autechre lol. Thanks, gonna look up some musics of Victor Gama then.

I love this piece, there are really subtle frequency changes in the melody that I find really interesting. That's why I wanted to know who it was.

Man, this subforum rocks. The people here actually care about the music, and are nice. Unlike general banter which are filled with a bunch of assholes, which i like too, but at least it's not filled with Boc and RDJ fanboys.

Guest TheSlicker

so anyone know who is it ? I love it, it sound like Steve Reich stuff with more electronic elements.

Mbira magic is an awesome release

do you know more artists like Richard Crandell?

Guest exper

Mbira magic is an awesome release

do you know more artists like Richard Crandell?

Unfortuneately I don't. I always assumed if I searched out mbira music, I'd be treading way to close to "world" music. His is much more than that.

• 2 weeks later...

So does anyone actually know this piece? I don't think it's richard crandell, it's too electronic. Hmm... I just don't where to start to find something like this.

That IS very nice! Not necessarily electronic... sure it sounds like it but I'm pretty sure stuff like this can be done without electronics...

It does remind me of Plaid, anyone got the Tekkon remix album? If it's not on the soundtrack maybe it's a remix..

Also reminds me a bit of Nobukazu Takemura.

That IS very nice! Not necessarily electronic... sure it sounds like it but I'm pretty sure stuff like this can be done without electronics...

It does remind me of Plaid, anyone got the Tekkon remix album? If it's not on the soundtrack maybe it's a remix..

Also reminds me a bit of Nobukazu Takemura.

I know that this music doesn't have to be electronic, but just the mixing and the way the melodies interact seem like it was all modified on computers. Listen to it carefully and it makes sense that it would be made that way.

Archived