IGNORED

POST YOUR MOST RECENT PIC!

Guest boo

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

I also like that it is: bus powered, so now bulky power supply, light as hell, and you can trigger MIDI notes with it as well, so you could play a drum kit, or synth lines, and then switch back to session mode. you have session mode for triggering clips, and 2 user modes that are just MIDI notes. I usually leave one page free for triggering MIDI notes, but then the other, I'll use to assign the pads to functions in my set (like FX On/Off, or stutter divisions etc) There is also a mixer mode, where you can set 8 levels of volume, panning, and sends . You can also control the stop clip, track select, track on/off and track record, in the mixer mode.

The only complaint I have is that it does feel a little cheap, but for the price, its worth it. You can find it for $140 online.

I'd love it if AKAI made a version. I like their smaller buttons and build quality on the APC... but I just dont need the buttons or sliders!

i'm currently trying to decide what ableton controller to buy so i'm glad of this offtopicness.

the apc 40 has been recommended to me but i hear the pads are not drums pads (not velocity sensitive) but more part trigger buttons. so now i'm not sure. thinking i want the 40 for performing plus an mpd18 for beating out beats.

so the apc 40 is not usb powered? thats a big thing for me. i hate plugging in too much stuff.

also considering those little akai $50 things with 1 for pads and 1 for knobs.

damn it always surprises me when i see people still smoking

i was absolutely hammered in that pic. and if you look close, the smoke is broken... :shuriken:

White dreads...

Twins300px.png

006CHOM_Charlie_Hunnam_001.jpg

from children of men which turns out to be jax from sons of anarchy

white guy with dreads is hilarious. unless your belgian

That's awesome! I'll look into that and the akai 20. I never use the knobs on the 40.

interested in selling it?

i was absolutely hammered in that pic. and if you look close, the smoke is broken... :shuriken:

you're cowboy hat musta fallen off too

I also like that it is: bus powered, so now bulky power supply, light as hell, and you can trigger MIDI notes with it as well, so you could play a drum kit, or synth lines, and then switch back to session mode. you have session mode for triggering clips, and 2 user modes that are just MIDI notes. I usually leave one page free for triggering MIDI notes, but then the other, I'll use to assign the pads to functions in my set (like FX On/Off, or stutter divisions etc) There is also a mixer mode, where you can set 8 levels of volume, panning, and sends . You can also control the stop clip, track select, track on/off and track record, in the mixer mode.

The only complaint I have is that it does feel a little cheap, but for the price, its worth it. You can find it for $140 online.

I'd love it if AKAI made a version. I like their smaller buttons and build quality on the APC... but I just dont need the buttons or sliders!

i'm currently trying to decide what ableton controller to buy so i'm glad of this offtopicness.

the apc 40 has been recommended to me but i hear the pads are not drums pads (not velocity sensitive) but more part trigger buttons. so now i'm not sure. thinking i want the 40 for performing plus an mpd18 for beating out beats.

so the apc 40 is not usb powered? thats a big thing for me. i hate plugging in too much stuff.

Yeah, neither the APC40, APC20, or the launchpad are velocity sensitive... hence why I have an mpd32.

The APC40 does NOT let you play midi notes with the buttons. The apc20, and the launchpad do... they have user modes that turn the buttons into chromatic MIDI notes, so you can either play beats, simple melodies, or assign the MIDI notes to control something (FX triggers, etc).

If you see yourself using a lot of built in ableton FX or instruments, or you make a lot of macro interfaces with instrument racks, then the knobs on the 40 are great... you can quickly set up ways to tweak your sounds... but if you arent much of a knob twiddler, I see very little user for the knobs on the apc40.

and yes, the launchpad is the only bus powered of the 3.

Yeah, neither the APC40, APC20, or the launchpad are velocity sensitive... hence why I have an mpd32.

The APC40 does NOT let you play midi notes with the buttons. The apc20, and the launchpad do... they have user modes that turn the buttons into chromatic MIDI notes, so you can either play beats, simple melodies, or assign the MIDI notes to control something (FX triggers, etc).

If you see yourself using a lot of built in ableton FX or instruments, or you make a lot of macro interfaces with instrument racks, then the knobs on the 40 are great... you can quickly set up ways to tweak your sounds... but if you arent much of a knob twiddler, I see very little user for the knobs on the apc40.

and yes, the launchpad is the only bus powered of the 3.

yeah see an extra plug would drive me crazy. maybe not a deal breaker but annoying.

midi notes i don't care about - i have a midikeyb

i am not a knob twiddler currently but if i can set a knob to change the amount of an fx send from each channel or the volume/amount/filter of an effect or whatever then that seems very useful. but only by using it will i work out if i am a twiddler or not.

have you tried these little things? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002M8EEW8/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

i have a edirol pcr midi keyboard and i cannot figure out the manual midi mapping. it says "now move a slider and assign it to something" i slide the slider and nothing happens. so i want something that is in the midi list

I haven't tried it, but for the price, it seems nice. Small and portable is the way to go.

I'm not sure about the edirol problem you are having... it should work!

Guest hahathhat

Here's some of my least recent pictures from when I was 12.

bflyafterwhistle.jpg

:whistling:

id like to see rubber johnny is goalie's gear

Guest AcrossCanyons

really? that's equally surprising to me.

I'm also surprised by this surprise.

i'm not surprised by your surprise.

i'm not surprised by your surprise.

surprise.gif

you have the exact clothes on you need for a safari. hope you are having a blast man.

It was great. I'm back now, still sort of taking it all in. I spent today uploading pictures and reliving the whole thing.

just got a webcam, haven't showered for a few days, rockin' the lazy-scruff, definitely feeling 29 years old here.

Quality shirt. Love Childrens Hospital.

Archived