IGNORED

dj stingray ~ aqua team 2

Guest tidbit

Guest Asterix

Nice!

+ drive time on LP!

me excited! aqua team was ace!

do you know the weme people brian? you live in the same city & all.

Guest mrgypsum

this is a great little piece of music, it continues where the rephlex albums left off, lots more samples in these tracks and obviously more aquatic themed underwater sounds. - definetly in the top 10 of 08.

Can't find samples, dunno why WèMè never puts audioclips on their release page.

yeah its kind of frustrating, maybe psychologically this makes people more apt to buy stuff?

From the perspective that so many young mp3 generation people will judge an entire song by a 10 second skim through, i can understand the benefit of not putting samples up.

this is a great little piece of music, it continues where the rephlex albums left off, lots more samples in these tracks and obviously more aquatic themed underwater sounds. - definetly in the top 10 of 08.

yeah im really enjoying this, did you get it on vinyl or cd? The cd artwork was hilariously low budget , no sleeve just a loose sticker in a jewel case.

what other Dj stingray do you recommend?

not much on that name.. except great mix... Drexciyan DJ Stingray - Studio X - Retrospective 1996-2002 ...

but as urban tribe... man!

not much on that name.. except great mix... Drexciyan DJ Stingray - Studio X - Retrospective 1996-2002 ...

but as urban tribe... man!

I wasn't too hot on the drexciyan stuff i've heard, any ones i should check out?

love Urban tribe though, especially the newest LP.

welb that mix doesnt have any drexciyans on it.. its mostly cosmic force.. and such

there arent many dj stingray releases...

apparently there is another new one also... called "mental firewire" ..which i havent heard

...or firewall

Guest mrgypsum

cd with super low budget stickers, i got me a nice bumper sticker though....

only official dj stingray stuff is that studio X mix, and now this

i think there was some downloads online from detroit micron audio but that must have been for only a short time because now there is no such site!

he has an ep coming out on transient force called mental firewall.

urban tribe = sherard ingram = dj stingray = drexciyan dj stingray = DJ Stingray 313 = Stingray313

cd with super low budget stickers, i got me a nice bumper sticker though....

only official dj stingray stuff is that studio X mix, and now this

i think there was some downloads online from detroit micron audio but that must have been for only a short time because now there is no such site!

he has an ep coming out on transient force called mental firewall.

urban tribe = sherard ingram = dj stingray = drexciyan dj stingray = DJ Stingray 313 = Stingray313

but drexciya is not sherard ingram correct? what ive heard of drexciya is not nearly as good

but drexciya is not sherard ingram correct? what ive heard of drexciya is not nearly as good

drexciya is (was) james stinson and gerald donald.

stingray (sherard ingram) was sort of drexciya's unofficial third member... their disc jockey rep, for lack of a better term. he never actually had anything to do with drexciya's musical output.

and btw, regarding your second statement... I felt the same way at first. but I was wrong. it's like comparing apples and apple trees. drexciya were the pioneers and their music (especially the earlier stuff) is extraordinary and quite moving. the creators of dark aquatic electro. stingray (and soooo many other artists and labels) would not exist if it wasn't for them. many have tried to duplicate but it always falls short; at least stingray has his own thing going on (and it's fantastic).

stingray (sherard ingram) was sort of drexciya's unofficial third member... their disc jockey rep, for lack of a better term. he never actually had anything to do with drexciya's musical output.

and btw, regarding your second statement... I felt the same way at first. but I was wrong. it's like comparing apples and apple trees. drexciya were the pioneers and their music (especially the earlier stuff) is extraordinary and quite moving. the creators of dark aquatic electro. stingray (and soooo many other artists and labels) would not exist if it wasn't for them. many have tried to duplicate but it always falls short; at least stingray has his own thing going on (and it's fantastic).

recommend me some good release, ive really only heard maybe 1-2 tops.

unknown aquazone 2x12"

aquatic invasion 12"

the return on drexciya 12"

on a related note... i recently got about every single drexciya 12" pre-1997 - still sealed - for $20 US :angry:

thanks! 'unknown aquazone' so far is really doing it for me.

dont miss out the collapse of modern culture by Urban Tribe released on mo'wax (feat. carl craig/shake/moodyman), kind of detroit techno doing a trip hop full lenght (i know its a terrible way of describing the record but its a bit like that) & its bloody great.

Guest nene multiple assgasms
on a related note... i recently got about every single drexciya 12" pre-1997 - still sealed - for $20 US :angry:

:omg:

Guest mrgypsum

recommend me some good release, ive really only heard maybe 1-2 tops.

pretty much all drexciya related releases are worth any price you pay - for the most part the drexciya CD's are great, The Quest, Neptunes Lair, Harnessed the Storm and Grava 8 are all excellent but there are related releases such as other peoples place, Lab Rat XL, Shifted Phases, Transllucion...many more.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived