IGNORED

Where do you rank Chiastic Slide

Guest AOOproductions

Guest AOOproductions

Always felt it was an transitional album, never really held my attention in the past but has now been growing on me.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tbio2007

Lack of ideas for me, sought of like Amber although obviously not exactly the same.

Confield

LP5

Draft 7.30

Quaristice

Tri Rep

Incunabula

Untilted

Chiastic Slide

Amber

very good

AR - Chiastic Slide vs Tri Repetae, how did you get from TR to CS?

SB - Yeah, I don't know what it was, really. Did a lot of mushrooms that year (laughs). It might have something to do with that, maybe. No idea, really, couldn't say. We had a lot going on in our heads; yeah, a lot of realizations took place, you know, so. But that kind of happens a lot, you know, I think the less sort of methodical and contrived you are the more that happens.

http://autechre.org.ru/interviews/interview34.htm

Lack of ideas for me, sought of like Amber although obviously not exactly the same.

Confield

LP5

Draft 7.30

Quaristice

Tri Rep

Incunabula

Untilted

Chiastic Slide

Amber

Amber and Untilted bottom three?

Wrong.

Guest musicforairports

For me its a perfect mix of their first 3 albums, the beats of incunabula, ambients of amber and glitch-iness of tri repeatae.

Guest AOOproductions
Just wait till Rook gets here...

Also, Chiastic comes in at a close second for me.

CONFIELD KICKS ASS.

Confield makes my head explode :beer:

Guest plangplang

Chiastic Slide was the first Autechre album i listened to in one piece, stonedly, in the background, and it was very very nice then.

i don't listen to it frequently, but Nuane is one of the best Ae tracks imo.

Chiastic Slide. Awesome when doing the dishes or other household things.

1. Untilted, Draft 7.30, Quaristice&friends, livesets

2. Chiastic Slide

3. LP5

4. others

one time i K holed while listening to chiastic slide in its entirety.

OMFG for anybody who really loves autechres music, consider the usefullness of ketamine.

For me i was able to go inside the music, see it in such an omnipotent and multi-dimensional way, it has forever changed the way i see that album.

i'm slowly working my way through the whole library with this method, it is truly the best way to experience the music IMO

music sounds as good if not better than on E for comparison

one time i K holed while listening to chiastic slide in its entirety.

OMFG for anybody who really loves autechres music, consider the usefullness of ketamine.

For me i was able to go inside the music, see it in such an omnipotent and multi-dimensional way, it has forever changed the way i see that album.

i'm slowly working my way through the whole library with this method, it is truly the best way to experience the music IMO

music sounds as good if not better than on E for comparison

Same for me, only with LSD. I always thought Chiastic Slide was really dull, transitional as someone above has said, but after that I appreciated it more.

But yah.. drugs are bad, kids.

• 4 months later...

Archived