IGNORED

What are you consuming right now?

Squee

I hate to get all anal on y'all but...

"A hamburger (also called a hamburger sandwich, burger or hamburg) is a sandwich consisting of a cooked patty of ground meat (beef, pork, turkey, chicken, etc.) usually placed inside a sliced hamburger bun. Hamburgers are often served with lettuce, bacon, tomato, onion, pickles, cheese and condiments such as mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup and relish.[1]

The term "burger", can also be applied to the meat patty on its own, especially in the UK where the term "patty" is rarely used. The term may be prefixed with the type of meat as in "turkey burger"."

Right but that is a definition of "burger" that relies on "hamburger" being the parent word. I'd argue that "burger" has evolved on its own and is now etymologically separate, meaning roughly "any roughly hamburger-shaped foods in between two pieces of bread". Like a black bean burger. I can see how you would just want to call it a mushroom sandwich, but the visual and even taste category is naturally very close to hamburgers, esp. with all the accoutrements.

A mushroom in a bun does not a burger make!!! Otherwise anything in a bun would be a burger.

ron-swanson-burger-toss-o.gif

But it's a burger bun, with stuff in between it. I'm sorry, but reality is displeased with how wrong you are and is requesting that you apologize to it. It would be like saying that and sandwich isn't a sandwich because it hasn't got cucumber in it and the crusts trimmed off.

MadameChaos wrote:

I hate to get all anal on y'all but...

"A hamburger (also called a hamburger sandwich, burger or hamburg) is a sandwich consisting of a cooked patty of ground meat (beef, pork, turkey, chicken, etc.) usually placed inside a sliced hamburger bun. Hamburgers are often served with lettuce, bacon, tomato, onion, pickles, cheese and condiments such as mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup and relish.[1]

The term "burger", can also be applied to the meat patty on its own, especially in the UK where the term "patty" is rarely used. The term may be prefixed with the type of meat as in "turkey burger"."

So not Quorn, in other words. You have made an intentional misrepresentation in the burger thread. You horrible lady. Watmm is ruined.

Bad sad sad frown (I'm doing this in sign language here, like koko the gorilla when her kitten died, FYI, because it's so upsetting).

Edited by baph

Quorn IS a burger because it a patty, mushrooms ARE'NT a burger because they are a mushroom.

If you put a rock in a burger bun, does that make it a rock burger? Does it????

Is not one on board with me about this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!

It said "patty of ground meat" not "patty." and you know this, man

Fun fact: when they started trying to market quorn in the US they got into serious trouble by marketing it as a "mushroom product" when it is actually made from a fungus which is not a mushroom.

Edited by baph

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

settle pettle .. i live within the ridicuandalL soe wie boxr in xe sadneSs and alL wen evreewun and sundree is happee at yor egzistens within xis setee'ent helLoe its olL fien a wair hapPee ..

noe qok its olL kuel .. ;-] dlee xe maejor tuelL ..

To be honest I think burgers are merely a state of mind. We are all burgers.

Currently consuming left over lemon-rosemary roasted chicken, leftover roasted garlic (it was all in the same Dutch oven (lol Dutch oven)), and, uh, a cup of blueberry Lifeway Kefir because I live on the edge (of good taste).

How is a pie left over if no slices have already been taken?

London Pride here.

I think that is a generic apple pie picture, as opposed to his leftover apple pie.

I like London Pride but had it in a bottle from an offie recently and it was not nice.