IGNORED

Twin Peaks

Squee

Hmmm... after hours and hours of thinking I've decided not to write an enormous post because I wouldn't know where to start when it comes to Twin Peaks. I just felt that WATMM needed a topic about Twin Peaks since it's a series we've all grown up (at least I think most of us grew up with Twin Peaks). Everyone knows the theme melody, everyone knows Audrey's Theme, the Man from Another Place, Killer Bob (fuck me, he still scares the shit out me...and the same goes for Sarah Palmer)... it's legendary.

Start appreciating...NOW!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this has to be at least the 10,000th TP thread on this forum

Seriously? I don't think I've ever seen one dedicated to Twin Peaks alone.

I've just finished watching the series for the third time (I took today off from school to watch the last 3 episodes), and I must say that it's a love hate relationship watching it. There are so many things about the series which are absolutely horrible. I mean, Andy (the constantly crying cop), the whole story about Lucy, Andy and Dick Tremayne, James running off, John Justice Wheeler and so on. There is so much SHIT in this series that it sometimes gets unbearable to watch. Then on the other hand it's dark, brutal, fun, and back then it was innovative and it's impossible to stop watching it until you get to that very final episode where Lynch gets back in the director's chair and fucks up everything - in a good way.

Guest 277: 930-933

Are you saying there should be a Twin Peaks subforum?

I love TP with all my heart, the only character I don't care for (especially his scenes in the 2nd season) is James Hurley.

But then season 2 also brought the David Lynch cameos which can make up for at least 10 James Hurleys.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

got the gold boxset and absolutely love it. considering going to the crazy meet up (from the extras) as coop. still havent seen fire walk with me gosh darn it. as the wife doesnt want to watch "just the scary twin peaks without the humor"

so if my secret santa is reading i want that dvd :)

p.s small chawowow

p.p.s windom earle was the downfall of twin peaks

i tried to get into the show recently but couldnt, i remember liking it a lot better when i was a kid mostly because it was really scary to me and my parents watched it and it was one of the only shows or movies they couldnt turn to me and explain what the hell was happening it.

I REALLY LOVE the opening to the twin peaks fire walk with me film, i think i also like the laura palmer prequal story as well but i find the beginning to this film extremely pleasurable and some of David Lynch's best comedy work (intentionally or not)

the whole part with the women with the red dress giving the codes, chris issack, the david lynch cameo 'I JUST CHECKED THE FRONT DESK HE WAS NEVER HERE' and Kyle MacLachlan aka Dale cooper sees a clone of himself on a surveillance camera, it makes me simultaneously laugh out loud with shivers up my spine. I think it's far from his best film, but that 2 minute seen of him walking into the police station is by far one of Lynch's most memorable works on film next to the 'call your house, i'm there right now' creepy as fuck part from Lost Highway.

Great series. Too bad it was canceled prematurely.

I watched "Good Night and Good Luck" recently and was like "HOLY SHIT! THAT'S LELAND!" when he came on.

haven't seen fire walk.

was deeply disappointed by the end of TP.

I've got a book called Lynch on Lynch which basically is just a bunch of interviews with David Lynch, and I remember reading something about what Lynch wanted season 3 to go - had there ever been one. I'll go look it up...

I love TP with all my heart, the only character I don't care for (especially his scenes in the 2nd season) is James Hurley.

zoolander_blog240x303.jpg

hurley.jpg

haven't seen fire walk.

I've got a book called Lynch on Lynch which basically is just a bunch of interviews with David Lynch, and I remember reading something about what Lynch wanted season 3 to go - had there ever been one. I'll go look it up...

Hmmm... I can't really find the part of the interview I was thinking about, but I did find this:

Why was Cooper possessed by Bob at the end? It seems like he's lost it?

Well, the thing is, he hasn't. It's the doppelgänger thing - the idea of two sides to everyone. He's really up against himself. People were really upset wthat it ended with an evil Cooper who'd been taken over by Bob. But that's NOT the ending. That's the ending that people were stuck with. That's just the ending of the second season. If it had continued...

haven't seen fire walk.

Hmmm... I can't really find the part of the interview I was thinking about, but I did find this:

Well, the thing is, he hasn't. It's the doppelgänger thing - the idea of two sides to everyone. He's really up against himself. People were really upset wthat it ended with an evil Cooper who'd been taken over by Bob. But that's NOT the ending. That's the ending that people were stuck with. That's just the ending of the second season. If it had continued...

what the hell, where at any point in the movie does agent cooper get posessed?

i thought it was laura palmer's dad character who gets posessed (?)

haven't seen fire walk.

what the hell, where at any point in the movie does agent cooper get posessed?

i thought it was laura palmer's dad character who gets posessed (?)

They're talking about the series :)

FWWM is fucking great. i love TP so much. the gold edition box set is the only way to watch it.

james hurley was a good character. the whole super nadine story line was pretty stupid. i also never really cared for the ben horne going crazy thread. the second season had a lot of low points. but the coouple of episodes leading up to the reveal of leland as bob were as good as any other. sadly, the show seemed to be regaining strength when it was canceled.

Guest 277: 930-933

Does anybody have the European release of the first season boxset?

I remember watching an interview with Miguel Ferrer where he talks about some experiences he had with using hallucinogenics with some tribe that lives near the Amazon.

He says he goes back there every year or so and just spends a week naked, covered in mud under the influence of ibogaine or something.

I clearly remember seeing this but I can't find it anywhere anymore...

A true WHAT THE FUCK-moment from Twin Peaks. And probably my favorite.

And you're right about Nadine and Benjamin Horne. It didn't really go anywhere and it didn't do anything good for the overall story.

One of my favorite scene is when they've found the Log Lady cabin and the most atmospheric music is playing inside, such a powerful scene that you don't see anywhere else, really immerse, the music was used really well and one of the reason the show worked so well.

Archived