IGNORED

Grant Wilson-Claridge has stated in an e-mail interview..

Friendly Foil

Guest David R James

Its truly amazing the amount of interest that the tuss has generated. Big buisness wouldnt be able to market anything the way that the tuss has brought interest to itself. I dont even think rephlex thought it would turn out like this . I dont recon they sat there and said yeah lets put out an artist that isnt reall and is a rephlex artist under another name and everyone will do the marketing for us.

I dont think they will play on it either and try and do it again, because the whole thing is probably pissing them off.

Whats also amazing is if ur not in to main stream electronica/electronic music/drill n bass/techno and never heard of afx u'll probably not even like it.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Helper ET

and for all we know the tuss is just some semi-famous asshole playing the internet and small electronic scene to make a buck and a point

Whats also amazing is if ur not in to main stream electronica/electronic music/drill n bass/techno and never heard of afx u'll probably not even like it.

Not necessarily true, a friend of mine copied all the tracks on my mp3 player to his laptop a while ago, and said my music was awesome. His favourite cd was Rushup Edge.

By the way: I think Rushup Edge is a pretty accessible album, except for Death Fuck perhaps. It's got very complex tunes, but they are way less chopped up and harsh than the tracks on Drukqs

Guest David R James

Not necessarily true, a friend of mine copied all the tracks on my mp3 player to his laptop a while ago, and said my music was awesome. His favourite cd was Rushup Edge.

urrr, yes u very rite, but how could i take every persons taste in to consideration. Im just taking it from a view point that sometimes when i listen to it i could see how others wouldnt.

Guest hahathhat
Its truly amazing the amount of interest that the tuss has generated. Big buisness wouldnt be able to market anything the way that the tuss has brought interest to itself. I dont even think rephlex thought it would turn out like this . I dont recon they sat there and said yeah lets put out an artist that isnt reall and is a rephlex artist under another name and everyone will do the marketing for us.

I dont think they will play on it either and try and do it again, because the whole thing is probably pissing them off.

social engineering in the internets age is something that makes a hell of a lot of sense to me. the key is mystery, it tantalizes people. rephlex did nothing but feed the mystery, denying it with a straight face while dropping hints that it was a joke. people that "got it" feel gratified or included or some shit so they try and fool other people. this thread is a perfect example -- someone posts THE TUSS MYSTERY to see if anyone still doesn't get it, giggles when idiots start arguing over it, feels superior.

meanwhile, my beloved afx forum gets cluttered up with tuss topics. i recall making one asking for no more tuss topics, which in retrospect was... hypocritical? ironic? stupid?? i dunno.

anyways, if it pissed rephlex off, all they had to do to kill it was say "RDJ IS THE TUSS OK SHUTUP" and it'd promptly deflate. unless what someone said was true, that RDJ _can't_ release anything as himself due to legal issues. i hope that's not why he hasn't released much recently -- that would be the biggest load of bullshit since hitler ruined small mustaches for everyone.

Guest David R James
and for all we know the tuss is just some semi-famous asshole playing the internet and small electronic scene to make a buck and a point

I never thought about it like that.

Its harsh to think that all us internet peoples and those who mite not of discoverd the musics mite be bein raped up the arse to make a point. Some of us make them aliving :fee:

edit: added some

urrr, yes u very rite, but how could i take every persons taste in to consideration. Im just taking it from a view point that sometimes when i listen to it i could see how others wouldnt.

Yep, but this is the case with every song I guess. But if people for instance absolutely don't like the vocoder part in Synthacon 9, I won't ever understand why I think.

Another friend of mine disregarded electronic music very quickly as "silly music made with a computer." Still, he might like it if he'd stop thinking music made with a computer is stupid per se.

Guest Helper ET

it doesnt mater what you believe about things like electronic music and such. just try to be happy and have a good life and try to be just and everything will probably be ok for you

So how many GX1 owners do we have in the UK?

(I can think of two and that's if one hasn't sold it to the other anywayz)

How do We know, that RDJ really have that Yamaha? I mean, I haven't seen any proof.

Could GX1 Solo be a made-up word like Rushup I Bank 12? of course it could...

I may not be an expert in the equipment used by Aphex, but those sounds seem to me, like

they could be created on some other stuff TOO.

I think its ok that people are disturbed about richard releasing a complete album and ep without ever taking credit for it

don't say he did it before -> 99% of the other stuff was marked to be his work ether by pictures of him in the artwork or similar things

Guest David R James
How do We know, that RDJ really have that Yamaha?

I know for a fact but I'm not blabbing out how I know on here.

So its u whos been spreading these rumours :whistling:

Are you saying RDJ doesn't own a GX-1?

Has he sold it already? :tongue2:

Guest David R James

Are you saying RDJ doesn't own a GX-1?

Has he sold it already? :tongue2:

No course not :kiss:

I never thought about it like that.

Its harsh to think that all us internet peoples and those who mite not of discoverd the musics mite be bein raped up the arse to make a point. Some of us make them aliving :fee:

edit: added some

That's is interesting. There are plenty of 'studio' musicians and producers who, as a way to make a living, make mainstream pop music they don't truly believe in but there is a demand for it. Is it conceivable that a cynical studio producer could be so talented as to be able to make convincing (that's the key) tracks in any and every genre?

I certainly think he/she could with some of the more basic/formulaic genres but what about electronic music (or what ever you want to call the Tuss [Future-Analogue-Acid-Break])? Surely electronic music is far more advanced than all that but does electronic music defy formula or is it just a harder formula to work out?

What about the sincerity involved in creating a great album (or work of art if you will)? Could an album that is worshipped by fans and critics alike be done insincerely, like a beautiful lie? Do you need to be immersed in this sort of music for years to create something that pushes things forward or could someone with intelligence and experience pick it up with a few months of research? Do you need to put your heart and soul into something for it to be good or is that kind of thinking more relevant to singers and performers rather than people who twiddle knobs?

There's not that much money to be made in electronic music anyway so that kind of cancels out the main reason a person would do such a thing. :on2long:

Archived