IGNORED

Grant Wilson-Claridge has stated in an e-mail interview..

Friendly Foil

^^^

Interesting concept but The Tuss is far to technically skilled and musically intricate for some big commercial producer who will just be well skilled at making something sell to the masses. If someone was that good wouldn't you think they'd rather be recognised for it and make money, it's not like Mr James is short of a bob or two!

I remember when I heard a Britney Spears remix on the radio and thought that sounds very like BT then I here rumors of him doing an uncredited remix. He must have been offered a fortune but the point being if you're technically that good you will be recognised or recognisable (in that senario I reckon RDJ would just probably just snatch the money and rummage through some old DATs :rdjgrin: ).

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest David R James

Its truly amazing how one person(s) can make something like a goat, cool

Again, big buisness couldnt fathom a way of marketing a goat that well

:yeah:

Its truly amazing the amount of interest that the tuss has generated. Big buisness wouldnt be able to market anything the way that the tuss has brought interest to itself.

Yes, obviously the tuss records have outsold everything else in 2007/2008.

viral marketing is nothing new, and big business has generated plenty of interest in products in this way (the cloverfield movie being the first example off the top of my head).

Guest David R James
Its truly amazing the amount of interest that the tuss has generated. Big buisness wouldnt be able to market anything the way that the tuss has brought interest to itself.

Yes, obviously the tuss records have outsold everything else in 2007/2008.

viral marketing is nothing new, and big business has generated plenty of interest in products in this way (the cloverfield movie being the first example off the top of my head).

Yeah my main point is that u dont have to juck loads of dosh at something to make it work if u got the ingredients.

Im sure there was alot of thought put in, and people being paid quite alot just to virally market cloverfield and many other examples.

Guest hahathhat
and for all we know the tuss is just some semi-famous asshole playing the internet and small electronic scene to make a buck and a point

I never thought about it like that.

Its harsh to think that all us internet peoples and those who mite not of discoverd the musics mite be bein raped up the arse to make a point. Some of us make them aliving :fee:

edit: added some

That's is interesting. There are plenty of 'studio' musicians and producers who, as a way to make a living, make mainstream pop music they don't truly believe in but there is a demand for it. Is it conceivable that a cynical studio producer could be so talented as to be able to make convincing (that's the key) tracks in any and every genre?

I certainly think he/she could with some of the more basic/formulaic genres but what about electronic music (or what ever you want to call the Tuss [Future-Analogue-Acid-Break])? Surely electronic music is far more advanced than all that but does electronic music defy formula or is it just a harder formula to work out?

What about the sincerity involved in creating a great album (or work of art if you will)? Could an album that is worshipped by fans and critics alike be done insincerely, like a beautiful lie? Do you need to be immersed in this sort of music for years to create something that pushes things forward or could someone with intelligence and experience pick it up with a few months of research? Do you need to put your heart and soul into something for it to be good or is that kind of thinking more relevant to singers and performers rather than people who twiddle knobs?

There's not that much money to be made in electronic music anyway so that kind of cancels out the main reason a person would do such a thing. :on2long:

someone that wrote britney spears tracks, backstreet boys, i dunno, max martin maybe, likely could do some reputable intense electronica tracks if they felt like it. i don't think they would bother however, because they can just sell another song to beyonce for $200k, why try harder? if electronic music was what tickled their fancy, they wouldn't have wound up producing pop tracks -- it's just who they are and where their interests lie, what their fate/karma is.

it's like you're asking, "if a dog wanted to act like a cat, how well would it do?" well, it'd probably pass (except on appearance), but why on earth would such a notion ever come over a dog? on the flip side, i'm sure any hardcore electronic musician -- the forum 7, etc. -- could churn out pop, just like a cat could act like a dog if struck by the notion...

p.s. if you want some "electronic music" pop... it's out there. i'd recommend some bands, but i'm not sure about genres... is ladytron electro? rock? hmm

I think that was "Fucking A"

it was 'Fucking A.'

alien39.jpg

Why don't you put her in charge?!?

smlnewt.jpg

???

ok:

"were all going to DIEEE MAN!... we're all going to DIE!!

Archived