IGNORED

Dubby minimal techno

impakt

Woooh! I'm a dub-man myself!

First track is great but throw away the cowbell that comes in around 4:00

Second track reminded me of a dubby version of the Twilight Zone theme :)

The third one is already my favorite because of the infamous dub chords at 1:06 (btw. great bassline!) but they could use some more reverb to make everything a bit more spacey. The cymbal doesn't sound right? I think the release may be too long? Also, maybe you should throw in a click as a substitute for a hi hat. It's incredible how much a little click can do every now and then.

I like this, man. Keep up the good work!

Godt arbejde! ;)

Guest ex-voto

damn nice impakt, love those flows.

the cowbell always makes me think of this vid... remove :D

cowbell

Maybe a bit repetitive though, would like to hear some shifting beats here and there, maybe some sort of hot break (i.e. there is no climax), but hey, that's me.

its always hard to give a clear opinion on minimal techno in my opinion... because, well, i guess its just so minimal. its the kind of music i have to really be in the mood for, or at a club (ouch, but i'm too old for that now)....

that being said, i tried to judge these based on depth and movement... atmosphere too.

i think each track has some good things to offer, and i think, listening from the top down, they get increasingly better.

i think you should introduce some deep bass sweeps into these tracks to add to the depth.

overall, nice minimal techno productions... if i was in a different mood, i might have spent more time listening... but for now, just one listen to each.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Just saw your avatar... are you from the Jenkinson family?

it looks like one of the jenkinsons post steam train in mouth

i was actually looking forward to hearing some 'dubby minimal techno' but was sad to find out the LINK IS BROKEN

Guest catsonearth
i was actually looking forward to hearing some 'dubby minimal techno' but was sad to find out the LINK IS BROKEN

same here. gone forever?

Archived