IGNORED

R.I.P. Charlie Cooper

Ocicat

Link

Charlie Cooper, one half of the ambient electronic duo Telefon Tel Aviv, died January 22. The news was announced today by bandmate Joshua Eustis, who gave little information as to what lead to the loss — Cooper was 31.

Eustis posted a letter to fans on the band’s MySpace blog, paying tribute to his friend and fellow musician. The announcement was devoid of any details on the circumstances surrounding Cooper’s death, and as of yet no formal confirmation of the death, which might provide such details, has surfaced.

The band had just released its third studio album, Immolate Yourself, January 20 on Bpitch Control.

The full text of Eustis’ announcement reads as follows:

Hello, Everyone.

It breaks my heart to inform you all that Charlie Cooper, my better half in Telefon Tel Aviv, passed away on January 22nd.

We have been friends since high school, and began making records together a decade ago. We have been so fortunate to tour the world together, while at the same time having a massive amount of laughs at one another’s expense.

Aside from Charlie’s singular genius and musical gifts, I can tell you that he was a total sweetheart of a guy, and a loving friend and confidant to people everywhere. His musicianship was surpassed only by his greater gift to the world – his warmth, his generosity, his unquenchable humor, and his undying loyalty to those whom he loved. In the spirit of honorable mention, however, I should mention that he had a shoe collection that was marvelous, knowledge of hip-hop that was profound, and knowledge of wine that was subtle.

He is survived by a sister, a neice, a nephew, his mother, his stepfather, me, and more adoring friends than the Universe has dark matter. As such, his family and I ask for your discretion and consideration of our privacy during these extremely turbulent waters.

Yours in Music,

Joshua Eustis

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

probably O.D.'ed on cheesy vocals...

fahrenheit fair enough was pretty damn good, I will just pretend they both died after that, in that case rest in peace crackaz

fahrenheit fair enough was pretty damn good, I will just pretend they both died after that, in that case rest in peace crackaz

What are you, eleven?

i was listening to "the birds" off of immolate yourself right as i opened this thread. and now i feel sad.

this is terrible news. at least eustis is still alive, he's made some killer solo remixes. but still, they're not telefon tel aviv remixes, you know? i think i'm gonna be bummed out for the rest of the day. rip charlie.

Guest Valued Customer

seriously ill do my best today to find out where you live, start deleting your personal internet info now

http://www.myspace.com/blanketfortcollapse

Jacob Anderson

BOISE, Idaho

aww look you in a ghey band ACAIDEUS Experimental / Metal

IP Address coming soon and my some google mappage

riddle me this watmm... why is charlie cooper dead and kanye west still alive? both thirty-one, both musicians, both have collections of shoes... except one is tone deaf and has a crushing ego and the other is a sweetheart that makes good music.

whyyy.

seriously ill do my best today to find out where you live, start deleting your personal internet info now

Jacob Anderson

BOISE, Idaho

LOL

riddle me this watmm... why is charlie cooper dead and kanye west still alive? both thirty-one, both musicians, both have collections of shoes... except one is tone deaf and has a crushing ego and the other is a sweetheart that makes good music.

whyyy.

love lockdown is a catchy song

ps ive never heard anything from this group

Guest Soothsayer

Jacob Anderson

BOISE, Idaho

Dude, you may be a bit hurt by the guy's words...but this is far from the right way to handle it.

Let's keep this thread on the correct topic and not get too personal. It's pretty insulting to the notion of "R.I.P."...

RIP

Dude, you may be a bit hurt by the guy's words...but this is far from the right way to handle it.

Let's keep this thread on the correct topic and not get too personal. It's pretty insulting to the notion of "R.I.P."...

RIP

actually i thought it was pretty FUCKING SWEET

ALMOST AS SWEET AS RIDING A MOTORCYCLE MADE OUT OF CHAIN SAWS

FUCK YEAH

dolmette10.jpg

Guest analogue wings

whyyy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TANJ

Archived