IGNORED

being a regular somewhere

Fred McGriff

as a man of lezzure there are few finer things in life than being a regular at your local dining establishment or public house. just this month I have attained regular status at one of the finest sushi restaurants in denver as well as a new neighborhood noodle house around the corner from my apartment. they know my name now at the noodle house, the manager comes and welcomes me and then says hello before and after our meal. the adjacent tables look over and wonder just how awesome I must be to have this man in a suit come over to make sure that we are enjoying our meal while they are left merely with a check from their servers. at the sushi place this past tuesday, our server came over to us when we sat down and said "it's always good to have you" and that he loves it when he has regulars to end his worknight. I very much enjoy being a regular, it keeps me coming back, and the resulting service and overall dining experience is outstanding. I should like to become a regular at a bar but then again you probably are viewed as an alcoholic instead of a man of lezzure. Plus I prefer to do my drinking at home with my xbox.

Regulars.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I share your enthusiasm for being a regular. I'm known by all the chefs and servers at the two local panini/coffeeshops, and the Japanese place the next town over I love to eat at all the time. The best thing is that I frequently get free food because they know I give them so much business it's no skin of their back.

as a man of lezzure there are few finer things in life than being a regular at your local dining establishment or public house. just this month I have attained regular status at one of the finest sushi restaurants in denver as well as a new neighborhood noodle house around the corner from my apartment. they know my name now at the noodle house, the manager comes and welcomes me and then says hello before and after our meal. the adjacent tables look over and wonder just how awesome I must be to have this man in a suit come over to make sure that we are enjoying our meal while they are left merely with a check from their servers. at the sushi place this past tuesday, our server came over to us when we sat down and said "it's always good to have you" and that he loves it when he has regulars to end his worknight. I very much enjoy being a regular, it keeps me coming back, and the resulting service and overall dining experience is outstanding. I should like to become a regular at a bar but then again you probably are viewed as an alcoholic instead of a man of lezzure. Plus I prefer to do my drinking at home with my xbox.

Regulars.

I know exactly what you mean. The same thing always happens when you live out in the country somewhere. You walk into the county store, someone grunts "EYYY MAN OWR U DOIN. *random meaningless 3 sentence conversation about something or other* CYA"

i was at a pub lock-in in an crusty cockney boozer and i fell asleep at the bar and when i woke up i had the nickname 'sleeping beauty'. does that make me a regular?

i know what you mean though. the guys at my local cornershop said it was "no problem" to let me off 18p the other day. next time im with a girl i must remember to stop by there and do it again to really impress her.

in south pasadena, ca... i was known at busters coffee house, bent clothing store, wokano sushi, señor fish, subway.

here near orlando, i'm known at the starbucks in target only because my son always wants a little cup of whipped cream with chocolate... also, that is the only starbucks i've seen in all my life with all black employees... i asked for black coffee and looked the dude in the eye when i asked for it... he turned around and yelled "ONE... BLACK... COFFEE!" we hit it off since!

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i didnt realize i was regular till i turned up one day and the barkeep told me i was late. but on election night we realised i was a republican bar so only been back once since.

in south pasadena, ca... i was known at busters coffee house, bent clothing store, wokano sushi, señor fish, subway.

here near orlando, i'm known at the starbucks in target only because my son always wants a little cup of whipped cream with chocolate... also, that is the only starbucks i've seen in all my life with all black employees... i asked for black coffee and looked the dude in the eye when i asked for it... he turned around and yelled "ONE... BLACK... COFFEE!" we hit it off since!

SupaLOL™

Sorry Fred, but Asym's story just PWNED DA FUCK out of your quaint little tale of how you try to make yourself feel special by having sushi servers and noodle managers give you extra attention.

Guest assegai

[narrated by Morgan Freeman]I achieved "regular" status a diner and a wrap shop, and it was fantastic. I felt like king of the castle. Nothing beats walking into an establishment, having a personalized greeting and your favorite food ready for consumption. However, I rarely go to either of those anymore and have probably lost it all. [/narrated by Morgan Freeman]

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch
a bar with a political affiliation huh

here are the clues:

- fox news on

- some drunk woman telling me that shes drinking something different tonight. so i look and its red.

- miserable atmosphere that night

- no lock on toilet door

SupaLOL™

Sorry Fred, but Asym's story just PWNED DA FUCK out of your quaint little tale of how you try to make yourself feel special by having sushi servers and noodle managers give you extra attention.

what in the fuck

Guest Iain C

It's good to be a regular. I was such a regular in my local Wetherspoons last year that the staff got me a Christmas card.

Actually, it was the year before!

Guest assegai

SupaLOL™

what in the fuck

we do the exploding fist bump... even when i don't buy anything!

all my friends and I were regulars at a little pub in town (penis picture photoshop of me), it's shut now but it was a magical little place where everyone knew eachothers name... proper local pub...

it stunk of piss on bad days and it wasn't the prettiest place, but it was a proper english pub.

i really take issue with joyrex's post implying that, first of all, there is a competition going on, and second of all, mistaking my enjoyment of feeling welcome somewhere for "trying" to make myself special. i do feel special, there is no try. anyway if this were a competition, joyrex's completely juicing himself over a simple amusing anecdote, and totally laming up a civil conversation by brining "pwning" into it should safely place himself in last place.

pwn, etc.

i really take issue with joyrex's post implying that, first of all, there is a competition going on, and second of all, mistaking my enjoyment of feeling welcome somewhere for "trying" to make myself special. i do feel special, there is no try. anyway if this were a competition, joyrex's completely juicing himself over a simple amusing anecdote, and totally laming up a civil conversation by brining "pwning" into it should safely place himself in last place.

pwn, etc.

Damn, man - I was KIDDING... :embrassed:

Yeah! being a regular is great. My old boss used to take us out to a sports bar with great food and he'd usually spend about $100-$300 a night there paying for us the whole way. We'd tip really well and they were always happy to have us....well....till after I quit and my boss started fucking one of the bartenders...ruining his marriage. and going back to the bar and kicking in a glass window etc. Probably not wise to cheat on your wife when your business, house and vehicles are all in your mother in law's name.

Guest tv_party

yeah sometimes it's ok like at a bar where they might throw you a free drink, but I don't like it at coffee shops because then they try to have conversations with you first thing in the morning and I'm not up for it at all then.

awesome, I'm a regular at the coffee house, good coffee and 19 year flirtatious girl keeps me coming back. No need to order, just two black coffeees poured with a slow nice posture so I can study her ass and smile when she turns around followed by a standard * if i were 20 you know I'd be ballin' you look* which actually makes her blush. It's cool, free coffees from time to time yo.

Also at a variety store where I became a regular, usually pick up cigs or guinnness there. One night after establishing a bit of a rapport whith the two ladies who are there full time.... hold on... one lady is Bald so affectionately in my head I refer to her as "Baldie" , she's awesome she thanks me at least six times before I leave, followed by a sprinkling of good nights in my 10 second walk from the pay out counter to the door. Then there is Chewbacca- another female- 6'1" bad complexion, probably; an all star basketball player in high school - terror on the offensive glass-, If i had to guess, she definitely wore knee braces, and probably wears a cho-pat

11F1RBQZN7L._AA280_.jpg

still.

I became friends with chewy one winter, when I went in hopped up on percoset. Percoset makes me very amiable and talkative, so when i approached the counter we exchanged pleasentries. Because it was winter and hunting season was in effect she asked me" Have you been out hunting this year?" behind my percposet daze, I thoughtlessly replied" no have you?" at that point I realised: she is still a woman, has some feminity somewhere inside her somewhere, thinking I'd put my foot in my mouth by imagining this rebounding monster perched in a tree sipping whiskey at 5am with a 30 odd 6 wating for some poor buck to pass. She completely disregarded my question and started to talk about shovelling the driveway, well i wanted rectifty my earlier gaffe so I proceeded to have a 45 minute conversation with her about the perils of snow shovelling.

A few months later I told some some young turks harrassing Baldie, and Chewy to beat it or they'd have a problem. Since then time stops whenever I enter that store, I get the royal treatment.

Archived