IGNORED

Creepy Shit

autopilot

So for the last year or so, around the times of 11pm to 2am, there will randomly be intervals of some horrific sounding creature howling off in the woods. Every few evenings this thing will randomly pop out and make some of the most awful noises I've ever heard. It's like a toddler being murdered or something. Sometimes it sounds distant, sometimes it sounds like it's 20 feet away.

Tonight it popped up and I thought "shit, I should record this". I quickly plugged in my shitty USB headset, put it up to the screen window, and got this sample:

Visit My Website

The clicking sound is my mouse clicking as I try to increase the gain in windows for a clearer recording.

This was actually one of the creature's tamer nights. Sometimes it's howls are much longer and more painful sounding. My neighbor thinks it's a bobcat, but I have no idea as I've never seen or heard a bobcat ever.

The sound freaks my cat out, too. She stares out the window into the darkness letting out an angry guttural growl after every howl of the mystery creature.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mr Salads

Remember when theo posted those recordings from that haunted closet space in his house? Yeah unlike that, this was actually freaky.

It was much creepier when it started last summer, now I'm a bit desensitized to it. I was lying in my bed, high as fuck, with both windows open, and suddenly this thing starts going full-tilt like there's no tomorrow. I thought someone was getting raped in the street or something.

Guest Dr. Bunsen Honeydew

based on the samples id say the bobcat theory is reasonable. I don't know where you live but I would look into bobcat populations in the area and find out if they aren't native to that region. If they aren't then definitely serial rapist.

We had a cat pair of cats that did the same thing in the ally outside our bedroom window, their yowls sounded like wailing babies, scared the bejesus out of me too.

Ravens can make many more noises than just caw...look at around 1:35, this raven I filmed makes an interesting gurgling call...

One time, when I was around 7 years old, I actually saw a bobcat sitting on a stone in the woods. I accidently spotted it, and it didn't even flinch. I actually left before it did.

Guest Chogg

Ravens can make many more noises than just caw...look at around 1:35, this raven I filmed makes an interesting gurgling call...

lol can birds get the hiccups?

its probably just cats fucking. Happens all of the time at night. Cats have painful barbed penises that get stuck in the vadge. Could be bobcats fucking actually, that would make more sense.

Archived