IGNORED

What media player do you use?

thehauntingsoul

Autechre @ 128kbps, you're a madman (and what's the untitled track, I know there's a little plinky bit at the end of long silence of drane2 but it looks like you have the full 23:19 version of the track anyway)

Autechre @ 128kbps, you're a madman (and what's the untitled track, I know there's a little plinky bit at the end of long silence of drane2 but it looks like you have the full 23:19 version of the track anyway)

look it's copied from my mp3 player, officer.

i tried to install foobar and it told me to pick an account to log in with.

either Dan(the only account on my laptop, and its an admin account)

or

Administrator, with a password field. I have no fucking idea what that means because my pass does not work for that, and when i pick Dan it tells me to log in with administrative privelages.

fucking vista. Can anyone help me?

i tried to install foobar and it told me to pick an account to log in with.

either Dan(the only account on my laptop, and its an admin account)

or

Administrator, with a password field. I have no fucking idea what that means because my pass does not work for that, and when i pick Dan it tells me to log in with administrative privelages.

fucking vista. Can anyone help me?

yeah, try and remember the admin password. You're fucked.

My personal method is to play the music out to a cassette deck via a digital vinyl player, then downsample it via an answering machine fed into a reel-to-reel with electrical tape instead of audio tape and then stretch the tape over my ears, making sure the glue from the tape pulls the little hairs on my ear lobes off in the process, thus decoding the analogue signal into my brain, enabling me to hear the music as if the performer was in the studio recording it for the masters.

Guest catsonearth

trying out foobar right now from the recommendations in this thread. so far it's fast and lite, but does it have (non-ipod) portable mp3 player support? winamp recognizes my helio ocean when i plug it in, but it doesn't seem like foobar is set up to sync with portables. are there add ons that do it? other than that, this seems like a good player.

Guest fiznuthian

foobar really is one of the greatest audio players ever.. used to look boring right out of the install but now it comes with a scheme dialog that pops up after you install it with various looks. much nicer! and i looove the new visualizations.. simple, minimal, and super quick.

Guest fiznuthian
trying out foobar right now from the recommendations in this thread. so far it's fast and lite, but does it have (non-ipod) portable mp3 player support? winamp recognizes my helio ocean when i plug it in, but it doesn't seem like foobar is set up to sync with portables. are there add ons that do it? other than that, this seems like a good player.

hold on, ima check the forums for you and see if there's any plugins for that.. in the 3rd party plugins forum there's loads of user created plugins that are updated fairly often.

Guest catsonearth
well no luck really.. i dunno :[ i don't use portable players anymore

thanks for looking out though!

You mean you want to keep your player in sync with the computer?

If you want to sync your player with the computer (and your player can act like a removable drive) then there are file system syncronisers like Synctoy that can do the syncing for you.

You mean you want to keep your player in sync with the computer?

If you want to sync your player with the computer (and your player can act like a removable drive) then there are file system syncronisers like Synctoy that can do the syncing for you.

Yeah, if it's a file system / drive letter access player then you can use foobar to copy music to it by right clicking > File Operations > Copy To... On the other hand if your player is a windows plays for sure or MTP device you're shit out of luck, I use foobar but have to keep winamp around just for managing my creative zen.

bit more info on songbird:

songbird i find to be very fast and reliable and has some good add on's like the directory browser, but it is missing 2 major features (for now) cd play back and a mp3/flac/wac/etc converter. it does also play nearly any type of audio file and it is ipod compatible. its also has last.fm built into it so you don;t have to go to lastfm.com to listen to radio, you can do it through song bird. its also has 2 mp3 blog search engines built into that can be very handy.

i've attched some images of songbird and the last.fm feature

Archived