IGNORED

I met the love of my life.

Guest Panoptimist

Guest Panoptimist

I'm too young to give up on those dreams. I had just barely begun my intimate em project. As soon as summer hits I'm doing it. She's interested so hopefully she'll encourage the idea. Plus she has summer school so I will find my time.

Besides, my only way to make it in the world is assimilating into professional society. I'd like writing to pay for my life and my expenses, however I dream of making good music and even writing good philosophy/literature. I wouldn't trade anything for this love but I can't accept giving up on what I'm going to school for. I have to bring my grades back up next semester and get everything back on track. I know she's down.

Thanks for all the words.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fred is so right...

we artists search for love, we do this through creation to bring others to us, to admire us, and for us to admire ourselves....

but when we find that true hard love, we are fools to not dive into it....

but what is true for Fred is not true for everyone. I have seen friends who are very much in love and still produce quality art and others whom give themselves up totally to another person and do not feel the need to create as much except within their relationships....

best of luck Panoptimist...

Guest Panoptimist

Obligatory pic:

2661_1048477383230_1564560552_30325863_2446528_n.jpg

I agree with leaf's post. Personally I feel my drive since highschool has stemmed completely from the fact that I've been an angsty teenager and have felt alienated from the world and other people for as long as I can remember now. I found myself through this music and through my academic studies in college, especially my philosophy and english classes. I ate, slept, shit, and breathed IDM and my schoolwork. It was me. I've earned my 3.7 gpa these past few semesters.

I guess I wasn't ready for this love that piledrove me into exhaustion. I'm finally beginning to understand what it is to feel good as a person, and I'm learning a lot about myself and others since my attachment. Granted I haven't even done so much as open live or read any production material since and my grades for the semester have plummeted to irretrievable depths, I know that in the long run I can make this a good thing. Now I'm looking towards my love for the motivation and inspiration for life. The gal is not only my lover but has become my best friend. I know if it is true she will support my scholastic and musical endeavors. I gotta get my job shit in order this summer and get rested up and get a music project started so's I can be on top for next semester. I will make this work in light of inherent naivety.

Before 1840, Schumann had written almost exclusively for the piano, but in this one year he wrote 168 songs. 1840 (scholars refer to it as the Liederjahr or "year of the lied") is the most important time in Schumann's musical legacy. He had secretly courted Clara because her father did not accept him as a suitor. They exchanged love letters and rendezvoused in secret. Robert would often wait in a cafe for hours in a nearby city just to see Clara for a few minutes after one of her concerts. After this long courtship, they finally married in 1840, and this great outpour of lieder (vocal songs with piano accompaniment) is directly related to the happiness he felt from finally having his Clara. This is evident in "Widmung", for example, where he uses the melody from Schubert's "Ave Maria" in the postlude- as a means of exalting Clara. Schumann's biographers have attributed the sweetness, the doubt and the despair of these songs to the varying emotions aroused by his love for Clara.

Guest abusivegeorge

Why do you guys assume girls will ALWAYS fuck you over? Are you saying that eventually even all marriages will end? Because thats what your implementing right? That no relationships ever work?

no, im saying more often than not you will be fucked over, its just the way shit is. go through bad ones to find a good one, fuck if hes found it already then all power too him but its unlikely.

Before 1840, Schumann had written almost exclusively for the piano, but in this one year he wrote 168 songs. 1840 (scholars refer to it as the Liederjahr or "year of the lied") is the most important time in Schumann's musical legacy. He had secretly courted Clara because her father did not accept him as a suitor. They exchanged love letters and rendezvoused in secret. Robert would often wait in a cafe for hours in a nearby city just to see Clara for a few minutes after one of her concerts. After this long courtship, they finally married in 1840, and this great outpour of lieder (vocal songs with piano accompaniment) is directly related to the happiness he felt from finally having his Clara. This is evident in "Widmung", for example, where he uses the melody from Schubert's "Ave Maria" in the postlude- as a means of exalting Clara. Schumann's biographers have attributed the sweetness, the doubt and the despair of these songs to the varying emotions aroused by his love for Clara. Shortly afterward, Schuman stopped hearing from clara and she was no longer returning his texts, Schuman hired private investigators, suspecting foul play, but the investigations bore no fruit. Schuman began to descend into madness shortly after his birthday in 1841 when clara no longer seemed interested in Schuman's sweeping piano pieces. According to his blog at the time, Clara was becoming increasingly distant, leaving the house for extended periods of time, excusing herself to go "hang out with the girls", only to return past curfew. By this time schuman was drinking heavily, and no longer playing his piano, retiring to his quarters in the afternoon to swill mead and rifle through Clara's facebook for answers. On december 25th 1842, Clara texted Schuman that she was breaking up with him for 13 year old stable-boy who would later become the drummer for MGMT. Schuman never touched his piano again and spent the rest of his days in his room drinking and writing harry potter fanfiction. Two years later he was found underneath a poster of emma watson, dead from autoerotic asphyxiation.

Guest Panoptimist
you realize she will fuck you over and break your heart right, enjoy the ignorance etc

I'm 20.

She'll be 22 on Sunday.

She's been through her fair share of shit. In fact, I don't know the details of most of it and really don't want to at this point.

Anyway, my gut says that she's sincere.

All this is not to say I too haven't had my fun experiences and sexcapades and milfs, fucked up relationships, etc. This really is deep in a way I can't describe.

I'm not even going to think so negative. There's no point. We've clicked in a way I can't describe. Besides, according to Sartre's theory of love there's true anguish in the fact that you never do truly possess your significant other in the sense that you no longer perpetually transcend each other towards this love. Essentially what I'm saying is that metaphysics aside I believe this girl to be honest.

Before 1840, Schumann had written almost exclusively for the piano, but in this one year he wrote 168 songs. 1840 (scholars refer to it as the Liederjahr or "year of the lied") is the most important time in Schumann's musical legacy. He had secretly courted Clara because her father did not accept him as a suitor. They exchanged love letters and rendezvoused in secret. Robert would often wait in a cafe for hours in a nearby city just to see Clara for a few minutes after one of her concerts. After this long courtship, they finally married in 1840, and this great outpour of lieder (vocal songs with piano accompaniment) is directly related to the happiness he felt from finally having his Clara. This is evident in "Widmung", for example, where he uses the melody from Schubert's "Ave Maria" in the postlude- as a means of exalting Clara. Schumann's biographers have attributed the sweetness, the doubt and the despair of these songs to the varying emotions aroused by his love for Clara. Shortly afterward, Schuman stopped hearing from clara and she was no longer returning his texts, Schuman hired private investigators, suspecting foul play, but the investigations bore no fruit. Schuman began to descend into madness shortly after his birthday in 1841 when clara no longer seemed interested in Schuman's sweeping piano pieces. According to his blog at the time, Clara was becoming increasingly distant, leaving the house for extended periods of time, excusing herself to go "hang out with the girls", only to return past curfew. By this time schuman was drinking heavily, and no longer playing his piano, retiring to his quarters in the afternoon to swill mead and rifle through Clara's facebook for answers. On december 25th 1842, Clara texted Schuman that she was breaking up with him for 13 year old stable-boy who would later become the drummer for MGMT. Schuman never touched his piano again and spent the rest of his days in his room drinking and writing harry potter fanfiction. Two years later he was found underneath a poster of emma watson, dead from autoerotic asphyxiation.

Haha, fucking excellent.

Archived