IGNORED

google chrome 2

kaini

Guest Enter a new display name
ugh. adsweep is a total crock. it doesn't hide ads until AFTER the whole page has downloaded, so it's totally useless if you want to save bandwidth, hide icky pix you just don't want to see, look at the nice tits thread without getting raeped by a million animated gifs, etc, etc, etc...

back to firefox... see you next year chrome...

Yeah, Adsweep sucks. :(

yeah i saw the storm in a teacup over ToS on /.

way i see it, chromium and webkit are opensource

someone will probably fork the project soon, and start working on a version with no stats

for the time being, i'm ok with it. google's marketing are welcome to my usage stats in return for this nice browser, and when someone does fork it, i'll switch if it's as polished as chrome.

er yea looks like i was already updated. doesnt seem that much different to me. Im still pissed theres no download manager, no way to configure what files open with what, and no add-ons.

this

Guest Enter a new display name

I tried all the ad blocking scripts available on the internet and none of them works properly. Google Chrome 3, anyone?

what do you use to download pro..er cute animal youtubes with in FF?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220

I like http://www.downloadhelper.net/

Downloadhelper is also quite good.

In Safari you just go to the activity window and grab the .swf file direct....at least on OS X.

I tried all the ad blocking scripts available on the internet and none of them works properly. Google Chrome 3, anyone?

the developer builds are already at version 3.something, not much is changed.

I love chrome but it does have some issues.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

c2's speed is awesome. i'd switch from firefox, as speed and mem usage is ff's major problem, but then where are the plugins to dl flash videos, block ads and block cookies?

plugins must be pretty low on google's agenda as soon as there is a decent plugin framework somone will create one to block ads, and google gets its bread and butter from ads.

oh and i dunno about firebug replacement, but c2's web dev tools are are great.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i'll update but only for testing my websites in. although i've never ha to tweak anything to work in chrome if it already looked good in ie,ff and safari.

Archived